The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autosleeper Suffolk

5 posters

Go down

Autosleeper Suffolk Empty Autosleeper Suffolk

Post by ALLAN 14 Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:27 pm

Good afternoon, I have a problem with the drawer which is is under the wardrobe and over the heater,
the drawer runner is falling apart, making it very difficult to open the drawer. My question is how do you get the drawer out of the runners as the runners appear to be screwed and glued into position. Do you have to slide somthing between the runner to get past the internal stop or is there a secret way to get it out.
As the drawer is falling apart my intension is to make a new drawer with full extension sliders on.
Any help on this matter would be much appreciated. Also I have repaired the cracked sink if any one wants to know how just get in touch.
Best regards
Allan
ALLAN 14
ALLAN 14

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Suffolk
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Suffolk Empty Re: Autosleeper Suffolk

Post by PLOUGHLIN Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:17 pm

On mine, may not be the same, pull drawer fully out and then lift to get wheels over stop at end of runners.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

gassygassy and Bilbobaggins like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:54 pm

We had a Suffolk and never discovered how to remove that drawer. It’s the only time we’ve been defeated. The drawer is on a funny angle as I remember and the method suggested by Ploughlin didn’t work. Sorry, that’s no help to you at all.

Last edited by Tinwheeler on Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:54 pm

Allan, don't know your van (sometimes some photos of the offending item help) and Peter has described how the drawer should come out. I think ours could be different but had to pull the drawer out and remove the retaining screws from the runners to get it out.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:02 pm

I found some library pics. The drawer pulls out on an angle following the contour of the cabinet rather than straight towards the opposite unit.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

ALLAN 14 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ALLAN 14 Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:08 pm

Thank you all for your response and photographs, yes that is the drawer in question. It is just the front of the drawer that is at an angle at the front, it is square at the back. Unlike the knife drawer under the sink which is pull out lift and remove type, this drawer is the type that usually has ball bearing type runners with concealed stops within the drawer runner its self. Looks like I will just have to pock around to see if I can get a result. I will keep the thread updated until I get a resolution. Thanks again for your post's
Regards Allan
ALLAN 14
ALLAN 14

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:32 pm

ALLAN 14 wrote:Thank you all for your response and photographs, yes that is the drawer in question. It is just the front of the drawer that is at an angle at the front, it is square at the back. Unlike the knife drawer under the sink which is pull out lift and remove type, this drawer is the type that usually has ball bearing type runners with concealed stops within the drawer runner its self. Looks like I will just have to pock around to see if I can get a result. I will keep the thread updated until I get a resolution. Thanks again for your post's
Regards Allan

That sounds like the other drawer in my van.

On mine, pull drawer out and screw fixings are on outside of the runners.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Suffolk Empty Suffolk drawer

Post by SimonJ Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:05 am

ALLAN 14 wrote:Thank you all for your response and photographs, yes that is the drawer in question. It is just the front of the drawer that is at an angle at the front, it is square at the back. Unlike the knife drawer under the sink which is pull out lift and remove type, this drawer is the type that usually has ball bearing type runners with concealed stops within the drawer runner its self. Looks like I will just have to pock around to see if I can get a result. I will keep the thread updated until I get a resolution. Thanks again for your post's
Regards Allan
I will look on my Suffolk. I seem to remember I had to remove the bottom panel in the cupboard above to resecure the drawer fixings.
SimonJ
SimonJ

Male

Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by ALLAN 14 Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:01 pm

Good afternoon to you all, thanks for your responce to my drawer problem. Yes the drawer has screws at the side three on each side but to complicate matters they only cover half the lenth of the drawer!. The other half of the drawer slider was retained by some sort of evil non setting adhesive, which meant that to remove the drawer I had to resort to the use of a small crow bar. This can be removed with careful use of a stanley knife blade and WD 40.
It appears that I am not the first person to remove the drawer as the EVIL 😈 adhesive was inside the ball roller slides, making it difficult to open.
To remedy this I have purchased a pair of 500mm soft close ball bearing draw runners part number 75190 from Screwfix, for the princely sum of £12 69.
To fit these runners it will mean making adjustments to the runner support rails inside the cupboard, The up side of all this is that the drawer will be easy to remove when working on boiler service and water pump filter cleaning. I cannot understand why this type of drawer runner was not fitted initially. So I am getting two new packers machined to the right size to replace the existing packers as the new runners are slightly thicker. I hope to get job finished by the weekend then on to fitting new door speakers if it doesn't rain. Take you all and remember summer is just around the corner.

Allan
ALLAN 14
ALLAN 14

Male

gassygassy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ALLAN 14 Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:12 pm

Good afternoon, The drawer project is now complete and easy to use. A major side effect is that now access to the Boiler and Water pump is now a doddle as before most of it was hidden by the drawer bottom. This will also make for easy mantainance of all the systems as just pull two clips and remove the drawer. In closing if I did this again I would search out a non soft closing drawer runner, but am well pleased with the alterations.

Happy Camping Allan
ALLAN 14
ALLAN 14

Male

Tinwheeler likes this post

Back to top Go down