The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trident Eberspacher Heater Fuse

2 posters

Go down

Trident Eberspacher Heater Fuse Empty Trident Eberspacher Heater Fuse

Post by Mygarden Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:12 pm

I am trying to locate the fuse for the Eberspacher heater on a Trident 2002.  I presume the fuses  blown as the heater does not show any signs of life ie no light comes on, fan doesn't run and heater doesn't fire up. All the other van electrics and functioning.
Any clues as to where the fuse is would give me a start in solving the problem. Thanks
Mygarden
Mygarden

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Trident Eberspacher Heater Fuse Empty Re: Trident Eberspacher Heater Fuse

Post by Roopert Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:50 pm

If you don't get any immediate responses, you may get more info if you say what make/model of power control system you have, as the fuse locations tend to depend on that as much as anything else.

Having said that, typically an Eber is powered separately from the habitation electrics so that it can be used at any time - certainly ours (in a 2005 Trooper) can be used while the van is being driven.

I've owned several vans with either an Eber or a Webasto and I've never had one blow a fuse. They can, however, "lock out" if the diesel in the main tank is allowed to get really low. If that happens, they will typically have a small number of retries and then will stop retrying.

I can't offhand recall the procedure for resetting them, but there's plenty of info on that available with an internet search, if that becomes necessary.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down