The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aaarrggghhhhhh !!!!!!!!

+6
fluffles
DaveyP2004
Dutto
whisky
peugeotboxer
Tommy-Darcy
10 posters

Go down

Aaarrggghhhhhh !!!!!!!! Empty Aaarrggghhhhhh !!!!!!!!

Post by Tommy-Darcy Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:56 am

What a nightmare lot we have on site at the moment.

Some joker decided it would be a good laugh to turn a stop tap off. fight It knocked out the water supply to 2 fields and one facilities building. Furious campers had to walk to the showers at the opposite end of the campsite, telling us "It really is not good enough" (but not this politely). Staff worked frantically from 4.15pm until gone 9.00pm until the source of the problem was located. The boss had to call out a plumber (at great expense), and the previous warden to try to suss it out as the site has numerous water supply lines!!!!

Having already worked 10 hours, I was slightly miffed about having to put in more as I was knackered anyway and don't get any over time payments or time off in lieu censored!

I had to give a group of kids on bikes a telling off for riding their bikes at great speed through the site, round the facilities buildings and down the entrance drive (a very steep slope with a pedestrian crossing at the bottom). The attitude I got back would have earned them a clip around the lug hole years ago fight It wouldn't suprise me if one of these was responsible!

One of the baby swings has been vandalised to the point that it is no longer safe censored! Again much to the disgust of parents, not blaming the vandals, but blaming us for letting it happen. confused3

..............and it will only get worse this bank holiday weekend...........OH JOY!!! frustrating

Roll on the week after next when the little darlings go back to school wave

Last edited by Tommy-Darcy on Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : miss wording)

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Aaarrggghhhhhh !!!!!!!! Empty Re: Aaarrggghhhhhh !!!!!!!!

Post by peugeotboxer Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:27 am

I know some sites charge for dogs.................do any charge for kids????

hugegrins

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by whisky Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:26 am

I have sympathy for Tommy-Darcy, shrugg

This is the reason that I only stop on 5 CLs with only a tap and a loo empty point. up!

We where all kids once. We where all little angels though. wern't we. crazie cycle celebrate Yeh I bet.

It ain't the kids its the parents. shrugg

Just think of the good times Tommy. allthumbz

Cheers. Whisky. champagne

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:46 am

Roli,

I also worked in "The Tourist Industry" during my school holidays, as one of the staff at Butlin's Fairground here in Skegness.

August Bank Holiday Monday was "Education Day" when we taught all the people from the Midlands that there were only seven half-crowns in a pound; and if you don't believe me, count your change! allthumbz allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:59 pm

Well, I must admit that after 6 months on this quite large family friendly site, I am getting rather tired physically and mentally.................. Tired of the verbal abuse from adults and kids, the shear fact that some parents have no regard about the whereabouts or safety of their kids, the constant repair/replacement of site equipment, repairs in the facilities building such as a whole shower unit being ripped off the wall, toilet seats, cistern bits n bobs, EHU's constantly tripping as folks just don't understand how to use a 10a system, sorting out caravan repairs/car batteries, towing caravans up our drive when it is raining as their cars are underpowered etc with little or no thanks even though I save them ££££'s on call out/recovery, and oh so many other instances which I could and may write a book about at some time.

When the school holidays are over, the site will return to being a great place to come for a holiday, but at the moment I would not recommend it. I just hope I can maintain my cool for another couple of weeks................the fuse is getting quite short...................my wife keeps reminding me that it is not long until November the 4th when we finish..................I know I am wishing my life away but guess what.........I can't wait !!!!! wave

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveyP2004 Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:29 pm

Hi Tommy-Darcy,
I generally choose to stay on sites that are "Adult Only" and they always seem to be very popular, so maybe you could look into that whilst you still have your sanity hugegrins
Cheers,
Dave
DaveyP2004
DaveyP2004

Auto-Sleeper : VW T4 Topaz LE

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffles Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:51 pm

And we were keeping quite, fearing that our attitude to the "little darlings" on sites was not shared by anybody else. We did not wish to be persecuted for being the only ones to feel like this!

They should be allowed to enjoy themselves, complete with all the noise, abuse (especially from some of the parents), football games around 'vans, bikes tearing up & down etc etc. But not when we are on site!

Roll on the first week in September!!!

fluffles allthumbz

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Peugeot executive

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:27 am

On Sunday afternoons/Mondays, our days off, we tootle off in Tommy to places/ sites that are so out of the way there is nothing for families to keep the kids occupied while they relax up! ensuring we get chance to recharge our batteries and sanity.

Never say never, but the only sites we will consider wardening in the future would be a great deal smaller and with NO play area. That would be just asking for trouble, we will NEVER make this mistake again, but it has been an education and having done this here and with the knowledge we will have gained over the 8 months, we feel we have the experience to be the warden anywhere, so it was good for the CV!!!!!

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Aaarrggghhhhhh !!!!!!!! Empty Aaaaaaaaaaargh

Post by mikeandlizriley Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:47 am

Hello Tommy Darcy. So sorry you have had a difficult few weeks - and such a brill site too. We have just returned from Scotland visiting the Edinburgh Festival/Tattoo. We stayed at Mortonhall Camping and Caravan Park and, while there were plenty of youngsters around, we were were not aware at any stage of any unacceptable behaviour or vandalism of the site facilities. Is it a coincidence or what that many of the visitors and their families on the site were from mainland Europe, mostly Germany. I wouldn't want to generaiise too much because there are many, many well behaved British families but there are some exceptions who don't seem to be content unless they are being a nuisance or damaging someone else's property.
We are planning to be back in Barmouth in early September after a visit to the VW van show at the Three Counties Showground in Malvern. Very much looking to seeing you again - and we promise to behave.........!
mikeandlizriley
mikeandlizriley

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : VW T4 Trident
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:02 am

Great, look forward to seeing you both again when the site returns to normality.

Totally agree with what you said. We have also had a few families from Europe these last couple of weeks, and they too can not believe how the parents just let the kids go feral. Their kids are polite and well behaved at ALL times, no lippy remarks.

Not all of the Brit families are like this. It is great to see brothers/ sisters/ parents playing tennis/ catch etc in front of their tents,, but at the moment these families are very much the minority.

See you soon up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by modelman Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:45 am

My wife is Swiss, & every time we pop over, no matter were we go, its peaceful & quiet, & that includes camp sites, swimming pools, shops, markets etc.

Just this minute returned from the supermarket, & it seemed full of young, couldn't care less mums & squawking brats, I don't even think they were aware

of it.

Rant over

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:23 pm

We made the mistake once of getting on an afternoon “school time” Bus from Dover to Folkestone ….. Never again !!

A “Cattle Wagon” would have been more appropriate for most (not all) of the little sensored1 …..

But then I think the Cattle would have wanted it cleaned, before they used it again.

Would like to have told the “little Sh--ts” of the Undeveloped Country School-kids walking 10 miles each way to get an education, and they would Treasure any Bus provided …….

Chris (sensibly) stopped me handing out a few “Thick ears”

A still fuming (three months on)

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:37 pm

Hi there,

Helen and I went to catch a train one morning in a place called St Jean des Losne in France.

It was a school morning and there were about eighteen kids, between twelve and fifteen years old, all catching the same train.

As each new lad arrived he shook hands with all the other lads and gave all the girls the familiar two kisses; as each new girl arrived she gave everyone the familiar two kisses.

Yes they were boisterous on the platform (a bit of chasing around, some good natured shoving and pushing etc) but they showed a level of respect for each other and for the other people waiting for the train that we just don't seem to get in the UK.

Boarding the train wasn't the usual rugby scrum and, once on board, the kids sat down and just enjoyed the journey!

It is one of the many reasons why we spend so much time out of the UK.

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

PS

Our daughter tended to let her children run wild when they were younger. When I raised the matter during a visit to our boat ("YOU TWO!! SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!" was the method I used.) she said "Wayne and I were just the same when we were their age!"

I was apoplectic! bouncing

When they were about the same age we used to stick the two of them in the back of an A40 van and drive from Lincolnshire to Scotland virtually non-stop. Apart from the odd "I told you to sit down." (in response to a "thump" followed by sobbing sounds) I hardly ever had to scold them.

"Did you ever finish up in a lay-by watching me drive away?" I asked my daughter. "No, of course not." she replied. "Well then, I can guarantee that you and Wayne never behaved like these two." I said.
allthumbz

The two dears in question were listening to this exchange and their behaviour improved dramatically - for a few hours!! wave

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:54 pm

lol4 @ Dutto !!!!

Was the boat a narrow boat? We had 8 years living aboard, no room for kids to run around screaming..........too easy to lob them in the cut!!!! wave

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Aaarrggghhhhhh !!!!!!!! Empty Abuse at 6.30 this morning

Post by Tommy-Darcy Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:25 am

If you go camping in a location titled as "Where the mountains meet the Sea" and you pitch your cheapo festival tent in a sheltered dip (even though it was recommended that you didn't) and there was very heavy rain ALL night (which was forecasted and warned of to expect), would you be suprised to wake up to a couple of inches of water in your tent????........................Well........DUH!!!! tap_fingers

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:12 am

Tommy-Darcy wrote: lol4 @ Dutto !!!!

Was the boat a narrow boat? We had 8 years living aboard, no room for kids to run around screaming..........too easy to lob them in the cut!!!! wave

No, not a narrow boat - a traditional 10m Dutch cruiser; but I think they realised The Cut was the next stop if they didn't calm down!! up!

Ironically, they have both matured into fine looking and well behaved teenagers. shrugg

If they stay that way I will obviously take the credit; whereas "What did you expect?" is there if they ever transgress! Whistle1

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by modelman Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:28 pm

To:Tommy-Darcy

We are popping over your way in a few weeks, via my sisters place in Widness, will we have to pre-book or do you reckon we can just turn up?

The reason I ask is that we tend to 'fly-off' if the weather's nice or when we feel like it. ( & once the little darlings are back inside) hugegrins

Regards

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:35 pm

Hi MM, I am not in the office right now, but would think that anytime after the school holidays will be fine. Can't promise a hard standing, may be grass. What you could do (I didn't say this) is telephone 01341 280262 the day before or on the day you head this way, too late to take a deposit, but still should get a reservation which goes into our diary, if someone asks for a deposit, just say you have not got your card handy. If you prefer a hard standing then say so as the boss tries his best to accommodate customers every wish.

Hope to see you soon

Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Aaarrggghhhhhh !!!!!!!! Empty August

Post by shelldrake Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:27 pm

Thats why we don't camp in school holidays
shelldrake