The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member Introductions

5 posters

Go down

New Member Introductions Empty New Member Introductions

Post by rogerblack Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:03 pm

In view of the significant number of newbies who seem to sign up and post a question straight away, only then to have to be asked in response to introduce themselves, I was wondering whether when they join they actually receive any message requesting an introduction as a matter of course, or is it just a question of relying on them reading the rules.

It's a good few years (11) since I joined so I can't remember how it worked then and it may have changed anyway, however if they are receiving a message I have to wonder why so many seem to ignore it. If they don't get such a note, would it perhaps help if they did?

I know it could be argued that it's good etiquette and they should post an introduction without being asked - I know I generally do anyway when joining a new forum, however I don't know of any other where it's essentially mandatory.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

New Member Introductions Empty Re: New Member Introductions

Post by Dbvwt Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:08 pm

Roger, I have been wondering the same myself recently.
Introductions are great and it winds me up when a new member wades straight in with a question but I guess many are genuine people who simply haven’t realised their mistake.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

rogerblack likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:14 pm

It amazes me how many post I have posted please introduce your self and posted the link for them to continue posting on the same thread and still no introduction

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:37 pm

I could have sworn that on registering you were requested to post an introduction but I've just registered another account (deleted it straight away) and nothing to that effect came up, I can only assume this has changed over the years, so I won't be doing more than suggesting it might be nice for new members to tell us a bit about themselves 'if they want to'.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Dbvwt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:53 pm

As I’ve just posted elsewhere, if newbies aren’t introducing themselves, it’s a strong indication that they haven’t taken the trouble to read any of the forum rules.¬†

Perhaps I’m odd in always reading the guidance to newcomers and trying to abide by it when I join a forum¬†shrugg.

It’s the whole of the Welcome Section that newbies need to read but if they’re the type not to bother, I can’t see any reminders/pointers will persuade them to do so.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

FreelanderUK likes this post

Back to top Go down