The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadway EB Sureflow Trailking 7

4 posters

Go down

Broadway EB Sureflow Trailking 7 Empty Broadway EB Sureflow Trailking 7

Post by abe Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:02 pm

Hi,

Has anyone fitted a Sureflow 20psi pump to replace the inboard one on the Broadway EB and if so where have you mounted it please?

The only place I can see on our 2018 where it would fit would be in the offside bed box on the leading edge behind the drivers seat but I have yet to check with the pump and strainer dimensions to be exact, the plumbing looks to be straight forward and electrics but would entail removing the rats nest of heater pipes to sort the pipework (already had them off once to sort the front panel de-lamination and it was a pain.)

Regards Bill
abe
abe

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Broadway EB Sureflow Trailking 7 Empty Re: Broadway EB Sureflow Trailking 7

Post by Paulmold Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:06 pm

If you go to the Factsheets section (half way down home page) you'll find instructions on how to do it , albeit the instructions are for a Nuevo. Also if you put shurflo into the search box, top right, you'll find 47 previous threads on Shurflos .

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Bilbobaggins likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by abe Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:31 pm

Thanks Paul, but with respect, I am looking specifically for the EB under bed layout and I Know how to fit the pump, different layouts have different space issues as I am sure you know well which is really why I want to know if anyone has overcome this on the Eb.
abe
abe

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:35 pm

Glad you know how to fit it. Nobody can tell you exactly, where it will best go be wise that will depend on your personal preference and the existing pipework and how neatly AS put the various components into your particular van. Sadly there is little uniformity in that. Most vans can benefit from some rearranging of the bits mounted in bed lockers.

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by abe Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:51 am

Thanks Ron, I gained my experience being an engineer for a few years with a major Motorhome manufacturer on the design,fitting and QA side so I think I will be ok with the task.

I would imagine the boiler bed box layout would be model specific but I only have my own to compare.

Bill
abe
abe

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:04 pm

I am sure someone with a 2018 Broadway EB will give you a photo of their layout.  For what its worth here is the layout under my 2019 Nuevo o/s bench seat.  Its in the same general area as the Whale pressure switch/NRV was.  It was fitted by Willersey but I tidied it up a bit, hence all the screw holes filled with sealant.  The power control system (EC700) is to the right and to the right of that out of view is the Truma which is under the wardrobe on the Nuevo.

Broadway EB Sureflow Trailking 7 Img_5712
Broadway EB Sureflow Trailking 7 Img_5714
Broadway EB Sureflow Trailking 7 Img_5713
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

abe and spanner like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:35 pm

abe wrote:Thanks Ron, I gained my experience being an engineer for a few years with a major Motorhome manufacturer on the design,fitting and QA side so I think I will be ok with the task.

I would imagine the boiler bed box layout would be model specific but I only have my own to compare.

Bill
Then you are guaranteed to do a better job than AS would! They tend to put the various bits into the lockers with speed of fitting in mind and not the owner's use if remaining space. My Nuevo is completely different from the photos posted above, principally because I have a gas locker that takes up half the bed locker space. However, when I fitted my Shurflo by moving the leisure battery box by about an inch I was able to squeeze it between the battery and the wardrobe wall and the removal of the pressure switch and minimal rerouting of the pipes meant I actually gained useable locker space.
If you are not fitting an accumulator do heed Shurflo's instruction to include some flexible pipe between Shurflo and the semi-rigid piping to avoid vibration noise. While Caraman's pump is screwed to the floor mine is screwed to the wall of the wardrobe.

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by abe Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:55 pm

Thanks for reply Ron,

My Leisure battery,boiler,and all water inlets and control electrics are under my offside bed box and I think I can squeeze a sureflow pump and a couple of valves between the battery box and the end wall behind the drivers seat.

I have already fitted a 12v supply unit in there on top of the ec400 housing for my Boscam K7 wireless reversing camera supply (which is superb by the way contrary to some posts on here regarding wireless units.)

Handy to know regarding flexible pipe installation,never thought about that.

Regards

Bill
abe
abe

Male

Back to top Go down