The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo Seat

+3
Toffee
Paulmold
streetglider
7 posters

Go down

Nuevo Seat Empty Nuevo Seat

Post by streetglider Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:30 pm

We've a 2017 Nuevo EK. The passenger seat side bolsters are cracking and just about ready to split. The rest of the seat is fine but the bolsters look a real mess. The seat gets very little use (my wife isn't heavy - I daren't say her weight, she'll kill me). Anyone got any ideas ? I thought about looking for a replacement seat base but as the original is six years old I thought it might be too old to be in stock. Perhaps an upholsterer could help ? scratch head
streetglider
streetglider
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Seat Empty Re: Nuevo Seat

Post by Paulmold Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:35 pm

Original seats were upholstered by Premier in Ilkeston . Make a trip up there and arrange a visit or are you not referring to the covers?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

orac likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffee Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:16 pm

I had to contact premier furnishings i enquirer about replacing some damaged furnishings, found them very helpful, but you might need deep pockets. If it solves your problem probably worth it .
Toffee

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:21 am

Original seat parts should be available from main dealer not autosleeper
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by zebede4500 Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:25 am

SouthWest Autotrimmers in Calne, Wilts did a fabulous job repairing the seat squabs on both driver and passenger seats on our 2004 Nuevo. They even used original material from the over cab to make the repairs. Finished job looks as good as new. Look for good local auto trimmer and you should be fine.
zebede4500
zebede4500

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by streetglider Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:11 am

Thanks to all for your advice. Never ceases to amaze me how The Forum always comes up with the answers. On the 'phone tomorrow to see what I can find.

Don
streetglider
streetglider
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffee Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:20 am

Streetglider, could I enquire how you progressed with this? on looking at our 2016 seats the passenger side is starting to crack as you described in your post.
Toffee

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by streetglider Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:00 am

Hi Toffee, discussed the problem with AS who directed me to our local AS dealer. This isn't 'local', over 90 miles away. However Marquis, the dealer in question, pointed me to a couple of firms who carry out repairs. Now to get hold of a local (20 miles) who does all sorts of work regarding upholstery, including motor bikes, vintage (and high valued) cars, etc. I'll keep you up to date but it may be a while as we're to France for six weeks. By the way, I was enquiring about the passenger seat but the driver's seat has started to go the same way !
Don
streetglider
streetglider
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffee Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:32 am

I’ve got a price from Premier furnishings to repair the squab of the passenger seat, drivers side looks ok but I am expecting it to fail. Premier are about 40 miles from me so  I thought they would be the best option as they supply A/S with the furnishings. They were very prompt, same day quote based on me getting the seat to them.
Toffee

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by orac Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:56 am

MY drivers seat also has split with broken stitching and flaking of coloured plastic (I assume). I find it staggering that at 30 odd thousand miles furnishings can fail so abysmally. If Premier are the people who fit in the first place, I would run a mile from them and they certainly wouldn't get anywhere near my classic cars. This doesn't seem to be isolated either. Naybe the glossy mags should stop pandering to the trade and start calling out shoddy workmanship and failings to better inform their readership. How many ordinary car buyers would just shrug their shoulders and say nothing if their cars started falling to bits after a few years or low miles?
orac
orac

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

Toffee and Dbvwt like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffee Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:11 pm

After enquirers with local car upholstery companies, I decided to use the services of premier furnishings to replace the vinyl panels on the passenger seat squab. Booked an appointment, turned up, seat squab was on the sewing machine by 8.10am and I was back on the road 2 hours later with everything matching and looking original. 

I know the opinion is that it should last longer, but how easy the process was and from enquiry to completion three weeks I’m happy with what I paid for.
Toffee

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by streetglider Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:55 pm

Hi All - a quick update on our two front seats (passenger and driver). We have just had them recovered by Premier Furnishings (Reluxe) in Ilkeston and couldn't be happier with the finished result or the service we received from the whole team. We live in North Devon so it's a long old hike up to Ilkeston but Faith organised an overnight stop for us in their Customer Car Park - complete with electric hook-up so we were as snug as bugs (just as well as the temperature dropped to -6 overnight!!) Staying overnight meant they could get an early start in the morning and Steve, their 'man what does' had the base of the seats out in a jiffy at 8.30 am. We only wanted the worn vinyl sides of the seats recovered and Sarah matched and recovered them beautifully. Steve had the seats back in by 11.00 am and we were quickly on our way home again. Okay, it wasn't cheap but it was an excellent, professional job and such wonderful service from a happy and helpful team from start to finish.  up!
Nuevo Seat Pxl_2012
Nuevo Seat Pxl_2013
streetglider
streetglider
Donator
Donator

Male

Dbvwt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by zebede4500 Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:15 pm

Thanks for all the information and replies on this issue. After much consideration we decided to go all out and have a complete re-trim of the upholstery. We went with Tappers Upholstery who having quoted and spent considerable time going through fabrics, came to our home, stripped the van out and returned everything in a week or so and re-fitted it all. They did an excellent job but I do not know how to attach photos. My only concern is that a couple of post installation queries (minor ones) went unanswered and have continued to be unanswered despite further emails.
zebede4500
zebede4500

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:47 pm

How to post photos -

https://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t22401-posting-photos

I’m sure we’d all like to see the end result  allthumbz
Tinwheeler