The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avtex new smart TV won't save passwords

3 posters

Go down

Avtex new smart TV won't save passwords  Empty Avtex new smart TV won't save passwords

Post by tony50 Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:01 pm

New Auto Sleeper Broadway won't save password, not any passwords when using data on my android phone, tried saving a password when connected to house internet, still did not save ,any ideas please.
tony50
tony50

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None

Back to top Go down

Avtex new smart TV won't save passwords  Empty Re: Avtex new smart TV won't save passwords

Post by Dbvwt Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:42 pm

Probably not the same issue but when I bought a Huawei router for the van, I changed the default password on it and couldn’t get my Avtex to connect at all.
I could only get it to connect by resetting the Huawei password back to default which was 8 digits, no letters etc..

Also, make sure you have the latest firmware on the TV which for my model was a right faff.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Avtex new smart TV won't save passwords  Empty Re: Avtex new smart TV won't save passwords

Post by Peter Brown Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:01 pm

I missed this when in Europe last year.

I put an Avtex smart tv in the van we purchased November 2022. It will only remember one password which is a nuisance as we like to use up data on the phones before using van wifi. I raised this with Avtex at the February 2023 NEC show expecting to be told that their would be a firmware update to correct this.

I 'd previously had excellent support from Avtex and have had the same in the last month but that time I was told quite abruptly that they were doing nothing to change it so I had to resort to the trusty firestick. As its happens the display and sound quality on that model are superior to previous versions so I'm still happy with the TV.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down