The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thetford Flush Nuevo

+6
inspiredron
breakaleg
gassygassy
Swooze80
Cymro
Ailsaj
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Thetford Flush Nuevo - Page 2 Empty Re: Thetford Flush Nuevo

Post by inspiredron Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:27 pm

Caraman wrote:That’s interesting.  I think I’m going to give biological washing powder a try.
Don't use the powder - use the liquid. You don't want lumps of powder clogging the impeller! I use a full measure of the liquid to a full C200 tank of water and guess the top ups. And as I said, nothing added to the cassette apart from what is deposited. The colour of the flush tells you if your dilution rate is roughly right.

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:01 pm

inspiredron wrote:
Don't use the powder - use the liquid. You don't want lumps of powder clogging the impeller! I use a full measure of the liquid to a full C200 tank of water and guess the top ups. And as I said, nothing added to the cassette apart from what is deposited. The colour of the flush tells you if your dilution rate is roughly right.
Thanks Ron.  I don't have a flush tank / impeller so I was only thinking of using a scoop of it in the cassette holding tank instead of the blue or green stuff.  I'll still use the diluted pink stuff in my spray bottle.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:15 am

Or, you could consider a sog system?

We have used one on four different Motorhomes over a 20 year period.

When we bought our Nuevo in May 21 we asked Westcountry motorhomes to fit one for us only to be told a few days latter that Auto Sleeper said fitting one would void the warranty as far as the toilet cassette was concerned, so we opted for the bio option.

It worked pretty well although there was some smell at times, we visited Auto Sleeper workshop at Willersea and mentioned not being able to have a sog fitted and why and they said that it was nonsense and if we bought one they would fit it, which they did at the last hab service in May.

It's great to use with no smell (except when emptying the cassette) 

Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Caraman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:25 am

We are on site now and our neighbour doesn't seem to use anything - they just empty their cassette every day.  I'm not sure I would get away with that in this heat.  SOG is an interesting concept but fitting one would pay for an awful lot of bio and be a further drain on the battery when off-grid.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2