The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really............

+4
DuxDeluxe
Paulmold
Dutto
Tommy-Darcy
8 posters

Go down

Really............ Empty Really............

Post by Tommy-Darcy Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:12 pm

.................So let me get this right..............it's ok to blame the warden to his boss for YOU not to follow his advice to NOT leave your tent in a gale for 2hrs and that his weather prediction of improvement by around 4pm was NOT good enough and for these reasons YOU WANT A REFUND as YOU have decided to leave 2 days early because your budget buy tent has imploded in the wind.........................YEH RITE!!!! lol4

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Really............ Empty Re: Really............

Post by Dutto Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:02 pm

Like it ......

.... but if the Warden was called Michael Fish I think a full refund should have been an automatic response! allthumbz allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:23 pm

Like the chap that rang me at 10pm on Sunday night wanting a taxi on Monday morning to Manchester Airport to get him there for 8.30am. When I said I couldn't do it as I'd already got a 4.00am and a 7.00am to the airport he replied 'but I've used you before'. What was I supposed to do - tell the other customers that I had to take this guy instead. When he got a second refusal from me he said 'what sort of taxi service is this?' to which he got he reply 'a very busy one, sir'.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:06 pm

Yes, sympathise with that one. We are fully booked for August Bank Holiday. We get folks ring up to book (now) and when we say we have no space they chirp up with "but we have been coming for years, I am sure you will make space available for us"....................what do they expect us to do? Phone someone who booked months ago to cancel their booking to make room for them?..........they get right arsy when we refuse scratch head

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:47 pm

Love this thread!

Aged 28 I was sat in a chess club and, at the break, the discussion moved to "working with the great British Public".

We moaned and groaned until one of the more mature players said "No! I just can't agree. For over thirty years I have worked with Lords, Ladies, Agricultural Workers, Fishermen and every level of society. Never has any one of them ever give me even a shadow of disrespect or complaint."

We (policeman, librarian, council binman) were amazed and disbelieving!

"What do you do?" said the librarian.

"I'm a nurse at the Grimsby VD Clinic." he replied; and suddenly we believed him!

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:54 am

Ha Ha......... quality hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:41 am

A great leveller! Thanks for sharing it up!
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:47 pm

I used to work for Mr Kipling cakes, part of the job was filling the shelves in supermarkets, apart for Kipling there was Lyons cakes, and Hales cakes (all the same company these days) due to the type of work, we tended to follow each other around (same calls etc)In the co-op in Birmingham city centre (long gone now) well Kipling had the top three shelves, lyons had the next two down and Brian from Hales had the bottom shelf, so Brian was on his hand and knees filling a deep bottom shelf, when a woman came along and place a full shopping basket on Brians back while she got something off the top shelf, brian said, oi, what you doing, she said, I won't be long, I can't repeat on here what Brian said. smile!
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by modelman Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:00 pm

I had a customer at an outdoor trade show ask if I had a particuler 'so-& so', 'yes sir, that'll be £10.00' 'Eh', they're only £9.00 on the stand

over there' says he, er, go buy it from him then, says I, 'they don't have any', well sir, ours are only £9.00 when we don't

have any as well.hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:53 pm

modelman wrote:

I had a customer at an outdoor trade show ask if I had a particuler 'so-& so', 'yes sir, that'll be £10.00' 'Eh', they're only £9.00 on the stand

over there' says he, er, go buy it from him then, says I, 'they don't have any', well sir, ours are only £9.00 when we don't

have any as well.hugegrins

Pure gold!! allthumbz allthumbz

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:56 pm

breakaleg wrote:I used to work for Mr Kipling cakes, part of the job was filling the shelves in supermarkets, apart for Kipling there was Lyons cakes, and Hales cakes (all the same company these days) due to the type of work, we tended to follow each other around (same calls etc)In the co-op in Birmingham city centre (long gone now) well Kipling had the top three shelves, lyons had the next two down and Brian from Hales had the bottom shelf, so Brian was on his hand and knees filling a deep bottom shelf, when a woman came along and place a full shopping basket on Brians back while she got something off the top shelf, brian said, oi, what you doing, she said, I won't be long, I can't repeat on here what Brian said. smile!
Pete

Ah, The Great British Public! Don'tcha just love 'em!

As a policeman I used to carry an old half-penny in my pocket to give to the ones that said "I pay your wages!" wave

drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Really............ Empty ..........and another !

Post by Tommy-Darcy Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:53 am

Yesterday afternoon, a chap had a flat battery, a bit odd as he had only arrived yesterday morning from some distance away.

I grabbed our battery starter pack and raced up in the buggy to sort him out. Once started he said "are you on call 24hrs if I need you again?" to which I replied, "No sir, I finish at 9.00pm" (slight fib as I was on duty until 11.00pm) to which he replied rather gruffly "Is that it? What if I want to go out later" to which I suggested that he went for a long drive to recharge his battery. Response "can I call you from town to come and start us up again"..................................... err NO sir, call the AA! lol4 I didn't even get a thank you confused3

Incidentally, same chap asked if there was somewhere to charge his phone. I said that he could charge it in reception and all we ask for is a donation into one of the charity boxes, the RNLI or Air Ambulance. His reply, "Huh, well I will not be doing THAT"!!!! scratch head

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:34 am

You have a great deal more patience than I have, 'fraid he would have had certain things explained to him in no uncertain terms Whistle1

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:33 am

Hi there,

You definitely have more patience than most; but here's a little phrase you might find a use for. wave

At one time I was working as a contractor for a small company in Aberdeen which was run by a very personable Yorkshireman.

The atmosphere in the company was great and on occasion the boss would shut the office down to take everyone out for an extended lunch.

After one such lunch in early March I thanked Kevin and took the opportunity to point out that my Invoice for December had yet to be paid.

His face fell and his response was instant. "That's terrible." he said "You should talk to someone who gives a s**t because I don't."

My face must have been a picture; until Kevin smiled and carried on to suggest that I talk to the company accountant. I did and, as a result, I had a cheque in my hand for my December, January and February invoices within two hours.

I had to wait nearly ten years before I could us the phrase myself - but it was worth the wait! allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Really............ Empty Hmmmm

Post by Tommy-Darcy Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:29 am

I have actually used this phrase myself when I worked for Bentley Motors, and it earned me a written verbal warning!!!! up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BobK Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:35 am

The original phrase was " Sorry .... you're confusing me with someone who gives a Sh.. !!
biggrin
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleepless!!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum