The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As Ipswich

4 posters

Go down

As Ipswich Empty As Ipswich

Post by Guest Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:18 pm

Bought my 2013 Merc Wiltshire from Exeter late summer last year,
The day we got it they had to jump start it and just said if it's because it's been standing,

So we drove from Exeter to Suffolk and 2 days later went out to it and the battery was flat again,
So after a bit of tooing and froing they agreed to replace a leaky window and the engine battery.

So dropped it off to AS in Ipswich, on the Monday, there Friday they ring and said all done, but I couldn't get to them until the following Wednesday.
So I turn up and the service manager got in and the battery was flat, 
So I commented on you didn't fix went the battery was draining then?

So they got a chap or to jump it with their big ol jump pack,
As soon as it started loads of warning lights came up on there dash, I never even knew there were that many lol,
The mechanic and manager did a bit of whispering between them and then said oh it prob just needs running round the block to clear there errors, so off drives the mechanic,
 comes back, lights still on even with ignition off, and to make matters worse her got a puncture while taking it round the block 🙄
So that's quite a few bits they've now got to fix, and they even had the audacity to say we'll try and get it done under the warranty, but if not I'll have to pay 🤬 I don't think so, you broke it so you fix it,
I certainly won't be going back there once it's all working properly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

As Ipswich Empty Re: As Ipswich

Post by inspiredron Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:27 pm

Marquis ??? !!! 🥺🥺

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:15 pm

inspiredron wrote:Marquis ??? !!! 🥺🥺
Yes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by gef Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:20 pm

I use sharman caravans in ipswich after to many failures but I imagine going to Auto-Sleeper would  be your best bet they are very good.  You must still have a good six  months of warranty so I hope you captured the light show on video. Evidence is everything
gef

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:29 pm

gef wrote:I use sharman caravans in ipswich after to many failures but I imagine going to Auto-Sleeper would  be your best bet they are very good.  You must still have a good six  months of warranty so I hope you captured the light show on video. Evidence is everything
i have a 3year warranty with marquis, year 1 is up to the value of the van price paid, but year 2 & 3 go down considerably
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:04 pm

What happened between "late summer" and now? What has caused the delay in getting the initial battery failure fixed? It would appear that the jump starter has jolted the ECU. It's up to Marquis to sort it and they should also sort the tyre out - depending on the puncture that could need a replacement tyre which you need to ensure matches the other 3 tyres. But the delay may have weakened your position unless there was good reason.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:50 am

the delay was them, as i needed the window replaced and it took them this long to get the window
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tony50 Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:57 am

O We have a Auto Sleeper coming through Marquis Ipswich ! I have warned them In advance if they Pi- - me about they wont know what hit them !! Because their reputation is really bad , it is a Management problem full stop.
tony50
tony50

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None

gef and JandL like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by portman_blue Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:03 pm

I bought my Broadway from Marquis Ipswich in 2016. It was a dealer owned model - no miles but saving about £5k. It was about 6 weeks after seeing it that we were to pick it up. There was some remedial work to be done (new model!) which they said would be sorted. 
Usual story, work not done when we collected it - no real reason. Lots of * Inappropriate Word * about. Eventually had to go to the factory to get the work done (closer, slightly, to where we live).
Sounds as if they haven't changed in the last 6+ years!!

portman_blue

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down