The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacement gearbox: Peugeot Boxer Symphony

3 posters

Go down

Replacement gearbox: Peugeot Boxer Symphony Empty Replacement gearbox: Peugeot Boxer Symphony

Post by ElsLoz Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:33 pm

hi all

Sad times for my van! Engine cutting out in low gear - fixed by getting propeller butterfly cleaned out... Thought I was back on the road ...

Now stuck again as the gear box has died on me.....and having read a bit through this site, it seems that it is tricky to get a replacement.  Has anyone got any advice? Found a garage keen to do the work and help locate parts, so any guidance would be great. Am in Bristol...
Thanks
ElsLoz
ElsLoz

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Peugeot Boxer
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Replacement gearbox: Peugeot Boxer Symphony Empty Re: Replacement gearbox: Peugeot Boxer Symphony

Post by ElsLoz Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:21 pm

So...sadly no responses to my email about a replacement gearbox.... shrugg
However, has anyone ever heard of a company called Akilla Engines Ltd in Harrow? They responded to my request via a third party parts finder....After I'd paid them and just before the day of delivery, the gear box failed final checks and they said they would issue a refund. Of course, the refund has not appeared - company website has disappeared, no answers to emails or telephone. So people, AVOID this company...super scammers. I've reported them to trading standards and the police. 

Deepest deepest joy.
ElsLoz
ElsLoz

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Peugeot Boxer
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Replacement gearbox: Peugeot Boxer Symphony Empty Re: Replacement gearbox: Peugeot Boxer Symphony

Post by glyne lock Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:32 pm

ElsLoz wrote:hi all

Sad times for my van! Engine cutting out in low gear - fixed by getting propeller butterfly cleaned out... Thought I was back on the road ...

Now stuck again as the gear box has died on me.....and having read a bit through this site, it seems that it is tricky to get a replacement.  Has anyone got any advice? Found a garage keen to do the work and help locate parts, so any guidance would be great. Am in Bristol...
Thanks
Gear Change Limited
Bristol rd
east brent
highbridge
ta94jn
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper : kemerton xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:54 pm

I must have missed your original post but this company has been recommended before....

https://gearlink.co.uk/

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down