The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo 2003 Radio problem

+2
v8oholic
janian
6 posters

Go down

Nuevo 2003 Radio problem Empty Nuevo 2003 Radio problem

Post by janian Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:16 pm

Hi all. I am wondering if anyone has had this problem with their Peugeot Boxer 2003 original radio. It has recently started to show PHONE on the display and I am unable to get it to play any radio stations. On a journey a couple of weeks ago, it switched to radio intermittently and finally stayed on. I started the van today and it is stuck on PHONE once again. I have sent for a kit to remove the radio and wiggle a few leads around. Has anyone had this problem?

Leading on from that, I am considering changing the radio, but am a bit put off having read other posts regarging rewiring etc. I think I have gleaned that as my van is quite old and I don't have steering wheel controls, it might (hopefully) be fairly straightforward? I am only looking at basic radios with bluetooth for hands free calls.
Suggestions will be very welcome.
janian
janian

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Nuevo 2003 Radio problem Empty Re: Nuevo 2003 Radio problem

Post by v8oholic Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:27 pm

Nothing specific, but it sounds like a wiring fault, either inside the unit itself or perhaps the cabling behind it. I’m assuming it’s too early for Bluetooth, so the radio would have had provision for a hard wired hands free cradle. And suddenly it thinks it’s sensing something from the non-existent (I assume) hands free interface box. Wiggling the wires might fix it, you never know.

Replacing it with a current unit should be straightforward enough, I would have thought
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:17 pm

Does anyone know when Peugeot started using CANBUS to control the operation of the radio/headunits? This is an area which can make installation of an aftermarket headunit slightly more time-consuming, because typically a CANBUS controlled radio only has a permanent battery live, and no ignition switched battery live.

It's not a particularly difficult thing to resolve, but be aware that some installers will take a shortcut and simply connect both to a permanent live - which then causes a permanent (and in some cases substantial) drain on the vehicle battery.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:34 pm

I think it was about 2005 that Peugeot started to adopt CANBUS, so I would think the Boxer got it when the X250 came out in 2006. However, I’ve just learned that for a short time (5 years?) they had their own proprietary system called VANBUS. On everything, it’s nothing to do with vans - it’s Vehicle Area Network. It did many of the same things, but in an incompatible way. How very French.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:37 pm

The Peugeot cab radio in my 2005 Inca had no phone facility and was rewired by AS to the leisure battery via a radio on/off switch. If the cab radio was switched off but the radio switch was on , the radio stayed in standby mode and flattened the leisure battery in a week or so.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by lindahawkins Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:00 pm

Can anyone help with my Peugeot autosleeper 2004 l need a radio code please !
BP Nunber 7640377316. Thanks.

Last edited by lindahawkins on Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
lindahawkins
lindahawkins

Other / Decline to state

Auto-Sleeper : Nuveo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:04 pm

lindahawkins wrote:Can anyone help with my Peugeot autosleeper 2004 l need a radio code !
BP number 7640377316

Welcome to the forum, how about introducing yourself here and a please and thank you go a long way

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Bilbobaggins likes this post

Back to top Go down