The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello

+4
FreelanderUK
Tinwheeler
Dave Gee
andyfozz
8 posters

Go down

Hello Empty Hello

Post by andyfozz Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:16 am

Hi, everyone. we are Andy and Julie from Audley near stoke on trent. We have been motorhoming for 4 years now and have just purchased an Autosleeper Kingham to downsize from an 8 mtr bailey.
Looking forward to great adventures in our 2018 Kingham (Bessy the Bus) Irelands country lanes here we come.
andyfozz
andyfozz

Male

Auto-Sleeper : kingham
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Hello Empty Re: Hello

Post by Dave Gee Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:25 am

Hi - welcome to the forum
Dave Gee
Dave Gee

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL

andyfozz likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:26 am

Hi Andy & Julie. You'll notice the great advantages of having a smaller van and soon adapt to living in less space. Enjoy!
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

andyfozz likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:29 am

asof_welcome2

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

andyfozz likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:40 am

welcome_sign

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

andyfozz likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:35 pm

Hi Julie & Andy
Welcome to the forum from Bridington.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly

andyfozz likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bargee Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:48 pm

Hi Andy, Julie, Good Choice!!! Hope you enjoy the new bus!

We are new members too, downsizing from a twin axle caravan to a Kingham. Picking it up in Cornwall Tuesday. Hopefully we will get less black looks in the lanes from people coming the other way in micro cars that have never learnt to reverse!

Good name; I like the "bus" bit, since of course that is what it was built for. Put a name board or banner in the front window. One of the things I like about these AS models is that they do not look too overtly like a camper van. Just a tad stealthy. If I get any more hassle from people in narrow lanes I had thought of having a "Private Hire" board to prop in the windscreen. That might get them to pull over!

The wife wants to call ours "Basil Bus". Perhaps she is right; that would fox them.
The Bargee
The Bargee

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2019

andyfozz likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:07 pm

The Bargee wrote:Hi Andy, Julie, Good Choice!!! Hope you enjoy the new bus!

We are new members too, downsizing from a twin axle caravan to a Kingham. Picking it up in Cornwall Tuesday. Hopefully we will get less black looks in the lanes from people coming the other way in micro cars that have never learnt to reverse!

Good name; I like the "bus" bit, since of course that is what it was built for. Put a name board or banner in the front window. One of the things I like about these AS models is that they do not look too overtly like a camper van. Just a tad stealthy. If I get any more hassle from people in narrow lanes I had thought of having a "Private Hire" board to prop in the windscreen. That might get them to pull over!

The wife wants to call ours "Basil Bus". Perhaps she is right; that would fox them.
Ah, I think I know where you’re getting it. They’re mostly ex-Marquis staff down there so they know AS vans inside out.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

andyfozz likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bargee Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:37 pm

Full marks Tinminer (sorry, Tinwheeler) although Eden do claim to be the only used MH dealer in Cornwall (?), and as a Westcountryman yourself you hardly need to be Poirot to deduce correctly that I am indeed buying from Eden!

Eden were recommended by a local friend, they enjoy very good reviews and they have been fine with me so far. Hope you share those views!

Just as relevant, in the finaI search during December and after watching the market for some time I could only find some four or five possible Kinghams in the whole of the UK of the type, age, condition and price that we wanted. One was in NI and one was fuelled by Haggis. The one that Eden had suited us fine although we might have preferred a slightly newer one with the upgraded engine. On the converse I am happy not to have the Whale heating system, so swings and roundabouts. We live in Rugby but we have a little place in Cornwall as well so it is also a very convenient area for us to buy. No doubt there will be an update in due course. We will watch out for you.
The Bargee
The Bargee

Male

andyfozz likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:53 pm

The Bargee wrote:Full marks Tinminer (sorry, Tinwheeler) although Eden do claim to be the only used MH dealer in Cornwall (?), and as a Westcountryman yourself you hardly need to be Poirot to deduce correctly that I am indeed buying from Eden!

Eden were recommended by a local friend, they enjoy very good reviews and they have been fine with me so far. Hope you share those views!

Just as relevant, in the finaI search during December and after watching the market for some time I could only find some four or five possible Kinghams in the whole of the UK of the type, age, condition and price that we wanted. One was in NI and one was fuelled by Haggis. The one that Eden had suited us fine although we might have preferred a slightly newer one with the upgraded engine. On the converse I am happy not to have the Whale heating system, so swings and roundabouts. We live in Rugby but we have a little place in Cornwall as well so it is also a very convenient area for us to buy. No doubt there will be an update in due course. We will watch out for you.
A mixture of good and bad experiences in dealing with the staff when they were employed at Lee Mill. I’ve had no personal dealings with Eden under its current ownership but the Marquis branch has definitely gone downhill since they left.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

The Bargee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bargee Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:17 pm

Andy, Julie, if you have just bought your bus might I wonder where you bought it? Just idly wondered if it was one I looked at.
The Bargee
The Bargee

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by andyfozz Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:02 pm

We have purchased itfrom Motorlands in Lytham, very nice people, no pressure.
andyfozz
andyfozz

Male

Auto-Sleeper : kingham

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bargee Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:45 pm

OK, not one I was looking at. Hope it all works well for you!
The Bargee
The Bargee

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peatlander 2 Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:07 pm

Ay Oop Ducks, welcome aboard!
Peatlander 2
Peatlander 2
Donator