The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo Fridge on Battery Power

2 posters

Go down

Nuevo Fridge on Battery  Power Empty Nuevo Fridge on Battery Power

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:14 am

Now I know that the Fridge in our Nuevo works on Gas, Mains with Hook up and Battery when the van engine is running. But it does not work on the Leisure battery when all is off.

I am about to fit a solar panel which when the sun is switched on should give the same voltage as the Alternator.

It occurred me that there must be a way to connect the leisure battery or indeed engine battery to the Fridge when the solar is working and you are parked up so that in effect the solar via the battery is running the fridge.

Any one done this ?

Thanks in advance
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Fridge on Battery  Power Empty Re: Nuevo Fridge on Battery Power

Post by Dbvwt Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:23 am

Compressor fridge yes, your 3 way will draw too much current.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:16 am

As Dbvwt says, typically too much current required, and most 3-way fridges also do not have a thermostat on the 12V element, so it's "all or nothing". Typical current requirement is 6-8 Amps, all the time, which is too much for even the largest solar system.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:13 am

Ok thanks for the answers. To be honest if we have been driving for a few hours in the day with the fridge on we find that over night the contents are still cold in the morning with the fridge off.

Sort of confirms my thought that the solar set up I bought is simply not necessary and rather pointless. It will stay in the shed
Anonymous

Back to top Go down