The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gas Manifold

4 posters

Go down

Gas Manifold Empty Gas Manifold

Post by Apple Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:39 pm

I have a 2013 Broadway FB with an underbody LPG storage tank  and have been trying to find the gas 'manifold' as illustrated in the handbook - so far unsuccessfully 

Under the bed adjacent to the hot water tank there are two red valves - one marked with a tap (for water heater ?) - the other marked with a frost type symbol (fridge freezer?) 

Under the cooker there is a single valve in what looks like a copper gas pipe. The valve is marked with an unmarked yellow tape badge. I'm assuming this is the cut off for the cooker.

Are my assumptions correct?

Having been a caravanned prior to the Broadway I am conditioned to isolating the gas regulator on the bottle(s) when travelling. There seems to be varying advice as to shutting these off when travelling in the motorhome and, as a relatively new motor homer, I would appreciate any advice.

Many thanks

Apple
Apple
Apple
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Gas Manifold Empty Re: Gas Manifold

Post by Tinwheeler Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:24 pm

If your van is fitted with the crash safe system, there is no problem with leaving the taps turned on.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:28 pm

Tinwheeler wrote:If your van is fitted with the crash safe system, there is no problem with leaving the taps turned on.
up! Thanks that's helpful, further research shows me all vans after 2007 were fitted with this system
Apple
Apple
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:23 pm

Apple wrote:
Tinwheeler wrote:If your van is fitted with the crash safe system, there is no problem with leaving the taps turned on.
up! Thanks that's helpful, further research shows me all vans after 2007 were fitted with this system
I thought yours would be but couldn’t be certain.  agree3
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:29 pm

Tinwheeler wrote:
Apple wrote:
I thought yours would be but couldn’t be certain.  agree3

up!
Apple
Apple
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:50 am

My 2012 van does NOT have a crash safe regulator. Shoe 2007 read 2017?

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by DEllis Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:27 am

I also own a Broadway FB 2013. Go to the side of your van to the Electric hook up inlet. Go directly down towards the ground to the bottom of the van. You may need to lie down for the next bit. About 8 inches or so in towards the middle of the van you should see the yellow cut off switch for the gas. If you cannot see it, it may be covered in dirt or dust due to splash back under the van. When you find it. turn it anti clockwise till it stops, usually a quarter of a turn. You generally only need to use this switch when traveling by ferry or euro tunnel. Hope this helps and happy travels.
DEllis
DEllis

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway

Apple likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:59 am

DEllis wrote:I also own a Broadway FB 2013. Go to the side of your van to the Electric hook up inlet. Go directly down towards the ground to the bottom of the van. You may need to lie down for the next bit. About 8 inches or so in towards the middle of the van you should see the yellow cut off switch for the gas. If you cannot see it, it may be covered in dirt or dust due to splash back under the van. When you find it. turn it anti clockwise till it stops, usually a quarter of a turn. You generally only need to use this switch when traveling by ferry or euro tunnel. Hope this helps and happy travels.

Many thanks DEllis that's extremely helpful. Happy travelling to you also. I'm off to the west coast of Scotland today !

up!
Apple
Apple
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum