The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C200 toilet convert from electric to manual

3 posters

Go down

C200 toilet convert from electric to manual Empty C200 toilet convert from electric to manual

Post by Billy Ruffian Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:39 pm

I’d like to convert my C200 CWE Thetford toilet from electric to manual operation.     Is this possible and is it as simple as removing the existing handle and pump and fitting the manual handle and pump assembly?
Billy Ruffian
Billy Ruffian
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 2 ES
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

C200 toilet convert from electric to manual Empty Re: C200 toilet convert from electric to manual

Post by oldfred Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:28 am

Yes it's easy and the manual flush is a lot more reliable. I did it on my Nuevo when the switch failed.
oldfred
oldfred

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Billy Ruffian likes this post

Back to top Go down

C200 toilet convert from electric to manual Empty Re: C200 toilet convert from electric to manual

Post by Billy Ruffian Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:24 pm

Thanks oldfred.       I’ve ordered one from Amazon at £30 delivered.

My reason for changing to a Manual pump is prompted by the electric one packing up.    However, I’ve long suspected that somewhere in the electric flush 12v system was the source of a 5A daily draw on the batteries and removing the electric pump has now confirmed that it was the culprit and there is now no 5A daily draw.    So I’m very pleased the electric pump packed up!
Billy Ruffian
Billy Ruffian
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy Ruffian Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:19 pm

Conversion of the flush from electric to manual was easy.     In addition to the new pump 0.5 of a metre of 12mm internal diameter hose is needed as well.

It’s a relief to have a working flush again and it’s so quiet!
Billy Ruffian
Billy Ruffian
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:54 am

My electric pump was recently jammed by a piece of one of the pump fixing clips that had broken off. I found that both fixing clips had broken in the same way.  The clips in question that push into locating spikes in the tank don't appear on any of the parts list I've found and on the diagrams I've found the pump seems to be fixed differently. I've modified what's left of the clips to take cable ties and all is well now.

How does the manual pump fix into the tank?
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy Ruffian Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:04 am

Hi Peter

The plate below the cover with the button in it (at the top of the tank) is replaced with one supplied with the manual handle.    The plate for the electric model has a smaller hole.      It was easy to fit although a bit fiddly because you are working through the hole at the top of the toilet water tank.
Billy Ruffian
Billy Ruffian
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:17 am

Billy Ruffian wrote:Hi Peter

The plate below the cover with the button in it (at the top of the tank) is replaced with one supplied with the manual handle.    The plate for the electric model has a smaller hole.      It was easy to fit although a bit fiddly because you are working through the hole at the top of the toilet water tank.

I had blood streaming out of both hands by the time I'd finished my repair.

I found that the two screws to the front of the plate had larger than thread nuts between the tank front and the plate to pack it out - they dropped to the bottom of the tank when I removed the screws. I tried refitting without those nuts but the top cover stood proud and I had to replace them.

For any others that find the pump mounting clips broken, I drilled a 2.5mm hole just behind each of the broken clips and used small cable ties around the pump pipe to hold the pump in its original location.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down