The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peugeot engine versions

+2
Tinwheeler
SomersetLes
6 posters

Go down

Peugeot engine versions Empty Peugeot engine versions

Post by SomersetLes Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:21 am

Looking to buy a Nuevo, and at the age band we are looking at it seems there are three different Peugeot engines. Up to about 2017 AS used the Peugeot/Ford 2.2 chain cam engine. 2018 the engine was changed to 2 litre cambelt Peugeot unit. More recently it seems to be a 2.2 Peugeot unit.

Is this because the 2 litre engine is problematic?   Any other points to consider with these engines?
SomersetLes
SomersetLes
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 16
Joined : 2022-06-25
Location : South Petherton
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Peugeot engine versions Empty Re: Peugeot engine versions

Post by Tinwheeler Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:27 am

We had the 2017 Peugeot 2 litre with the 160/165(?) engine. It was a flyer and no trouble at all. It was Euro 5 and Peugeot later brought in the newer engine in order to meet Euro 6 standards. That's my understanding of the situation.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 1914
Joined : 2018-09-21
Location : South West
Auto-Sleeper : WildAx Pulsar
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Peugeot engine versions Empty Re: Peugeot engine versions

Post by SomersetLes Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:46 am

Tinwheeler wrote:We had the 2017 Peugeot 2 litre with the 160/165(?) engine. It was a flyer and no trouble at all. It was Euro 5 and Peugeot later brought in the newer engine in order to meet Euro 6 standards. That's my understanding of the situation.
So the 2 litre is only Euro 5? I thought it was Euro 6 as it had AdBlue?
SomersetLes
SomersetLes
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 16
Joined : 2022-06-25
Location : South Petherton
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Peugeot engine versions Empty Re: Peugeot engine versions

Post by IanH Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:57 am

No point in AdBlue other than to get Euro6 rating IMHO
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 4134
Joined : 2020-05-04
Location : NORTH WALSHAM
Auto-Sleeper : AS Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Peugeot engine versions Empty Re: Peugeot engine versions

Post by Tinwheeler Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:03 am

SomersetLes wrote:
Tinwheeler wrote:We had the 2017 Peugeot 2 litre with the 160/165(?) engine. It was a flyer and no trouble at all. It was Euro 5 and Peugeot later brought in the newer engine in order to meet Euro 6 standards. That's my understanding of the situation.
So the 2 litre is only Euro 5? I thought it was Euro 6 as it had AdBlue?
 Sorry, I got confused. The early face lift versions were Euro 5 but in early 2017 the Euro 6 with AdBlue was introduced. Ours was Euro 6 and I was wrong.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 1914
Joined : 2018-09-21
Location : South West
Auto-Sleeper : WildAx Pulsar
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Peugeot engine versions Empty Re: Peugeot engine versions

Post by SomersetLes Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:07 am

Tinwheeler wrote:
SomersetLes wrote:
Tinwheeler wrote:We had the 2017 Peugeot 2 litre with the 160/165(?) engine. It was a flyer and no trouble at all. It was Euro 5 and Peugeot later brought in the newer engine in order to meet Euro 6 standards. That's my understanding of the situation.
So the 2 litre is only Euro 5? I thought it was Euro 6 as it had AdBlue?
 Sorry, I got confused. The early face lift versions were Euro 5 but in early 2017 the Euro 6 with AdBlue was introduced. Ours was Euro 6 and I was wrong.
That's what I thought. It sounds like you were happy with the engine - good to know. Thanks.
SomersetLes
SomersetLes
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 16
Joined : 2022-06-25
Location : South Petherton
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Peugeot engine versions Empty Re: Peugeot engine versions

Post by Tinwheeler Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:20 am

SomersetLes wrote:
Tinwheeler wrote:
SomersetLes wrote:
So the 2 litre is only Euro 5? I thought it was Euro 6 as it had AdBlue?
 Sorry, I got confused. The early face lift versions were Euro 5 but in early 2017 the Euro 6 with AdBlue was introduced. Ours was Euro 6 and I was wrong.
That's what I thought. It sounds like you were happy with the engine - good to know. Thanks.
Yes, very happy. It was smoother than its Fiat equivalent. We only changed it because we needed to swap to an auto version due to the stretch involved in changing gear.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 1914
Joined : 2018-09-21
Location : South West
Auto-Sleeper : WildAx Pulsar
Vehicle Year : 2021

SomersetLes likes this post

Back to top Go down

Peugeot engine versions Empty Re: Peugeot engine versions

Post by Toffee Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:27 am

I believe the euro 6 standard was required for 2016 built vans, we have a 2016 euro 5 but it was built and shipped to autosleeper in sept 2015, the conversion by A/s was completed in Jan 2016 and then registered in May 2016 when we bought it. At that time there were euro 6 vans with the 2.0ltr engine in the showroom.
Hope that helps
avatar
Toffee
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 474
Joined : 2016-07-06
Member Age : 55
Location : Staffordshire
Auto-Sleeper : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Peugeot engine versions Empty Re: Peugeot engine versions

Post by SomersetLes Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:32 am

Toffee wrote:I believe the euro 6 standard was required for 2016 built vans, we have a 2016 euro 5 but it was built and shipped to autosleeper in sept 2015, the conversion by A/s was completed in Jan 2016 and then registered in May 2016 when we bought it. At that time there were euro 6 vans with the 2.0ltr engine in the showroom.
Hope that helps
Is your Euro 5 engine the 2.2 litre?
SomersetLes
SomersetLes
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 16
Joined : 2022-06-25
Location : South Petherton
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Peugeot engine versions Empty Re: Peugeot engine versions

Post by glyne lock Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:10 am

I think euro 5 vehicles could be sold and reg until sep 2016
glyne lock
glyne lock
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 1227
Joined : 2019-10-19
Location : taunton
Auto-Sleeper : kemerton xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

Toffee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Peugeot engine versions Empty Re: Peugeot engine versions

Post by Toffee Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:12 am

Yes euro 5 is 2.2 puma (transit) engine.
avatar
Toffee
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 474
Joined : 2016-07-06
Member Age : 55
Location : Staffordshire
Auto-Sleeper : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2016

SomersetLes likes this post

Back to top Go down

Peugeot engine versions Empty Re: Peugeot engine versions

Post by gpilky Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:58 am

Toffee wrote:Yes euro 5 is 2.2 puma (transit) engine.
This is my engine too - there is a sticker under the bonnet somewhere on or close to the engine in my MH with this on!
gpilky
gpilky
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 215
Joined : 2019-11-21
Location : Huddersfield
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2017

SomersetLes likes this post

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum