The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our new Nuevo, A few question please.

+3
Tinwheeler
Mids
AngB
7 posters

Go down

Our new Nuevo, A few question please. Empty Our new Nuevo, A few question please.

Post by AngB Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:25 am

Hi all

Just got our Nuevo Dec 07, bathroom swing door model. 

I assume it will have had a control panel fob but the previous owner never had one, is a replacement available? I think its the only way to turn on the internal strip lights either side and back.

The hab door does not engage/lock at top and bottom when the key fob is pressed, although the solenoid works the middle lock. Are the top and bottom locations referred to as the deadlock system in the manual. 
Also the top of the door needs a push for the contacts to touch and then operate the solenoid via the key fob, there seems to be a bit of play at the top of the door, anybody encountered this and solved it please?

Apart from the bathroom what were the changes with this model?

Amazed that there is no air com, has anybody fitted one?

All minor stuff and I am pleased with it.

Thanks
AngB
AngB
AngB

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Auto sleeper Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Our new Nuevo, A few question please. Empty Re: Our new Nuevo, A few question please.

Post by Mids Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:29 am

Hi got a Broadway  eb  and  got the dealership  to fit a truma air conditioning unit   for me well worth  it when down in the south of France. I thin it cost about £1000.
Mids
Mids

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Our new Nuevo, A few question please. Empty Re: Our new Nuevo, A few question please.

Post by Mids Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:35 am

Hi was more like£1500https://www.truma.com/uk/en/products/truma-air-conditioning
Mids
Mids

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway

Back to top Go down

Post by AngB Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:03 am

Hello
Thank you for the air con information. 

I will really appreciate a little guidance on the other queries, control panel fob and rear hab door.
Its our first motorhome so its all a bit new to us.

Thanks
Ang B
AngB
AngB

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:34 am

It sounds to me as if your hab door isn't fitting properly. Perhaps it needs adjusting.

Control panel fob? That's something I've not come across.

Air con - I assume you mean in the hab area and that's not usually been a standard fitting. Do you really need one though? They can be noisy and annoy people, the weight will eat into your payload, most folk only find them worth having when overseas and, obviously, it will only work when on EHU.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:03 am

This previous thread explains about the fob. There is a link towards the end which shows what the fob looks like (can't find any for sale on ebay now) and that you have to pair it with your control panel. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Contact AS spares dept through their enquiry form on their website or better still phone them and ask if spare fob is available.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by AngB Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:39 am

Hello and 
Thanks for your help, its a learning curve for us.

Our first trip overnight was a few days ago and I need a bit more help please.

Its very noisy in the back when driving on  A or B roads etc. 
Has anybody tried to cut down the clatter from (i assume) the heater cowls and similar, I have everything stowed and fixed correctly.

Thanks
AngB
AngB
AngB

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionmike Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:01 pm

Hi,
we never use the strip lights, far too bright , harsh, and too long for the size of the interior.
You can only turn them on/off with the key fob.
I bought and fitted replacement LED units for all the internal lights, much better!
We have air suspension assistance units fitted to our van, they make the ride much smoother, and quieter. The van does drive quieter when its loaded for a trip though. (I run my rear tyre pressures at 60psi)
We have the same problem with our rear door. I recently checked all the screws for tightness, and couldn't get it fitting any better, we have to lock it with the key sometimes. When I find a solution, I'll post it on the site.

Mike.
Actionmike
Actionmike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : NUEVO EK 3.0

Back to top Go down

Post by AngB Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:52 am

Hi all
These posts are really helpful to us.
Fridge, the whole fridge moved out of its surround yesterday about 6 inches, (whilst driving not poltergeist) I hope this has not affected the gas pipe supply.  How is it all secured please and how can I fix it.

I will get some foam rubber and push in the cutlery draw for travelling , also I will try behind the heater to deaden the noisy heater cowls etc.
If not we will just get used to it.  smile!

I have 50 psi in my tyres front and back because thats how I bought it, perhaps a little more required as I will be quite heavy on the next outing.
Also, it came with the dunlop suspension assistance which is at 2 bar ? again perhaps a bit more is necessary.

Next job is winding out the awning as I did not inspect it before buying.....no issues I hope.

Thanks, and all opinions are much appreciated, you know more than us.
Ang B
AngB
AngB

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BobK Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:05 am

Not sure about your van but from memory, there are screws down either side of the fridge when you open the door.   They screw into the adjoining panels.
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleepless!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:10 am

I took these pictures of my fridge when a dealer "re-fixed" it an inch further out than it should be:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:20 am

When we had our Nuevo , a 2006 so same age model as Ang, there was a batten of wood over which the fridge had to be lifted whilst pushing back into place. Sounds as if the fridge has been removed at some point and not put back over that batten . It's then screwed as others have said into  the surrounding panels.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down