The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AS Broadway gearbox

4 posters

Go down

AS Broadway gearbox Empty AS Broadway gearbox

Post by merlyn Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:06 pm

Newbie just purchased 2016 Broadway 16000 miles, On it’s maiden voyage I’m experiencing 2 nd gear crunch on downshifting, I can get round it by double clutching but I should not have to do that should I. I’m seeing in other forums about pug/ Citroen and fiat gearbox problems. Mine is Ford Puma engined with 6 speed box. Anyone any experience of this fault.? Driven plenty of vans bar this trio and never experienced a p problem. I’ve notified the dealer as it’s under warranty.
merlyn
merlyn

Male

Auto-Sleeper : broadway
Vehicle Year : 2016

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

AS Broadway gearbox Empty Re: AS Broadway gearbox

Post by Toffee Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:57 pm

We’ve had our 2016 van from new currently 22000miles, I would describe the gearbox as average, certainly not transit or vw t5 standard. Occasionally it feels reluctant to go into gear and you do have to be quite deliberate, if you try to gently/slowly put it into gear it protests, much better with a momentary pause in neutral before a decisive shift into gear.
Toffee

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : Fairford

merlyn and rgermain like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:10 pm

Make sure you are pushing clutch all the way down. I very seldom have to use any effort to change gear but on the occasions that I do it is user error - i haven't pressed the clutch down fully!

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:19 am

inspiredron wrote:Make sure you are pushing clutch all the way down. I very seldom have to use any effort to change gear but on the occasions that I do it is user error - i haven't pressed the clutch down fully!
Maybe they changed the gear box in later models, I don't know, but I have the same problems as both the above posts.

Is the Lancashire a 5 speed box?
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:31 pm

rgermain wrote:
inspiredron wrote:Make sure you are pushing clutch all the way down. I very seldom have to use any effort to change gear but on the occasions that I do it is user error - i haven't pressed the clutch down fully!
Maybe they changed the gear box in later models, I don't know, but I have the same problems as both the above posts.

----------
Richard
Mine is the 6 speed box attached to the Ford Puma 2.2l Euro 5 engine. Recently I have been driving on some pretty steep mountain roads involving lots of changes between 1, 2 and 3rd gear - not missed a beat on any hairpin and no double declutching. But over 40k on the clock. I think that 5 speed box died on intro of X250.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:06 pm

inspiredron wrote:
rgermain wrote:

----------
Richard
Mine is the 6 speed box attached to the Ford Puma 2.2l Euro 5 engine. Recently I have been driving on some pretty steep mountain roads involving lots of changes between 1, 2 and 3rd gear - not missed a beat on any hairpin and no double declutching. But over 40k on the clock. I think that 5 speed box died on intro of X250.
Thanks, just that I saw your date of 2012.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by merlyn Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:34 am

Toffee wrote:We’ve had our 2016 van from new currently 22000miles, I would describe the gearbox as average, certainly not transit or vw t5 standard. Occasionally it feels reluctant to go into gear and you do have to be quite deliberate, if you try to gently/slowly put it into gear it protests, much better with a momentary pause in neutral before a decisive shift into gear.
 yes, I can get round it by blipping the throttle to match the synchro speed but I shouldn't have to do do that to get round what is obviously a fault in the box, I took it to a commercial garage for them to test drive and they experienced the same thing and confirmed there is a problem on the 2nd gear synchro hub .
merlyn
merlyn

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by merlyn Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:36 am

Many thanks for all your input guys, I will be chasing the dealer for a repair so I'll keep you all posted!up!
merlyn
merlyn

Male

Back to top Go down