The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peugeot Speedometer

2 posters

Go down

Peugeot Speedometer  Empty Peugeot Speedometer

Post by Eltel Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:43 pm

I think I have read somewhere (may be MMM when I subscribe to it) that there is a device that could be plugged into a socket under the dashboard.

Has anyone fitted one ? 
Is it a practical solution ?

Terry
Eltel
Eltel
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Peugeot Speedometer  Empty Re: Peugeot Speedometer

Post by Cymro Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:54 pm

I'm sorry, Eitel, but I'm not clear as to what you wish to achieve.

If you want an supplementary speedo which is accurate and which can be easily read in big font (unlike the Peugeot speedo which is often illegible under that dashboard cowl) then use an old smartphone to which you've downloaded a GPS Speedo app - there are many free apps, and you do not need a SIM in the phone as it uses GPS. Or use a satnav, which likewise displays GPS speed. Both can run on their own batteries, or plugged into the 12v socket on the dash.

But you may be posing a different question? If so, can you elaborate, please?

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Eltel Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:12 pm

Cymro wrote:I'm sorry, Eitel, but I'm not clear as to what you wish to achieve.

If you want an supplementary speedo which is accurate and which can be easily read in big font (unlike the Peugeot speedo which is often illegible under that dashboard cowl) then use an old smartphone to which you've downloaded a GPS Speedo app - there are many free apps, and you do not need a SIM in the phone as it uses GPS. Or use a satnav, which likewise displays GPS speed. Both can run on their own batteries, or plugged into the 12v socket on the dash.

But you may be posing a different question? If so, can you elaborate, please?

Cymro
Thanks
I’ll see if I can find a old iPhone 
Thanks
Terry
Eltel
Eltel
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2017

Cymro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:24 pm

I always use an old iphone which has a free speedo app. Its battery will usually last long enough for a day's long journey. I bought a suction mount on a flexible arm, which I have permenantly stuck to the driver's quarter-light. Putting it in the bottom front corner of that pane means that it's possible to close the Remis blind all the way except for an inch or so at that corner. The phone speedo has large clear font, and is so much easier to read. It's accurate, and has other functions but I don't use them. 

A few years ago there was a thread on this Forum about this. If you can find it, it may offer other suggestions. 

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down