The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vehicle Battery no longer chargeable on EHU

3 posters

Go down

Vehicle Battery no longer chargeable on EHU Empty Vehicle Battery no longer chargeable on EHU

Post by Little_Tommo Mon May 16, 2022 1:27 pm

We have a 2008 Nuevo ES which has developed a battery charging issue.  The vehicle battery could be charged when on EHU if it was selected on the control panel but now, although it says the vehicle battery is being charged no current is being sent to it.  
The vehicle battery is ok and so is its earth lead.  It charges fine from the alternator but not from the motorhome.  The habitation battery charges fine on EHU.  

I have found a wiring diagram online which I think appertains to our Nuevo and can see a thing called A Changeover Relay that if faulty or fuse blown would explain it but I have no idea how to get this.  
Does anyone have any experience with this that could offer me some advice?
Little_Tommo
Little_Tommo

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Vehicle Battery no longer chargeable on EHU Empty Re: Vehicle Battery no longer chargeable on EHU

Post by Caraman Mon May 16, 2022 10:51 pm

If you have an EC325 there is a 20A vehicle battery fuse on the lower left hand side of the unit - page 38 of this Broadway 2008 handbook:

https://orbit.brightbox.com/v1/acc-jqzwj/Auto-Sleepers/handbooks/handbook_documents/000/000/055/original/Broadway-2008-handbook.pdf?1560167403

Worth checking that it hasn't blown
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Little_Tommo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Vehicle Battery no longer chargeable on EHU Empty Re: Vehicle Battery no longer chargeable on EHU

Post by Caraman Tue May 17, 2022 6:56 am

Also worth checking the vehicle battery voltage shown on the EC325 control panel when not on an EHU.  If no voltage is shown it suggests the aforementioned vehicle battery fuse has blown.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue May 17, 2022 11:23 am

It could be but its very unlikely to be an EC325 in 2008 Nuevo. If the OP posts details of electrical system suggestions will be more relevant.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Tue May 17, 2022 11:53 am

Peter Brown wrote:It could be but its very unlikely to be an EC325 in 2008 Nuevo.  If the OP posts details of electrical system suggestions will be more relevant.
I was guessing it was an EC325 based solely on the on-line manuals for that period.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down