The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulsating hose when filling Motorhome

+4
Kemerton-bath
glyne lock
gef
davidkerr9356
8 posters

Go down

Pulsating hose  when filling Motorhome Empty Pulsating hose when filling Motorhome

Post by davidkerr9356 Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:29 pm

Hi all. Please can you offer some assistance. I have a Corinium Duo 2019 and have noticed a loud pulsating noise when filling with water. The noise doesn’t detract from it’s functionality, it just is so annoying. The pulsating is intermittent and I can sometime eradicate it by adjusting the inlet pressure at the tap. This is not always the case though, and I don’t wish to cause any damage to the system. Many thanks in advance David

Many thanks to you all. I think I may just use the hose filler when the pulsating starts up again:smile!:

Last edited by davidkerr9356 on Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
davidkerr9356
davidkerr9356

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Corinium Duo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Pulsating hose  when filling Motorhome Empty Re: Pulsating hose when filling Motorhome

Post by gef Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:53 pm

I take it you are  not filling through the lockable intake so this is quite common.
gef

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo

davidkerr9356 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Pulsating hose  when filling Motorhome Empty Re: Pulsating hose when filling Motorhome

Post by glyne lock Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:54 pm

the breathers in the tank are not great and sounds like the problem as turning the tap flow down helps
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : kemerton xl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:56 pm

It’s a form of water hammer and is common on the Whale filler. Can be alleviated by reducing the flow of the supply.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:50 pm

The Whale inlet socket has a pressure switch inside it.  The back of the inlet socket has the adjuster screw for the pressure switch.  There is a label on it that says it shouldn't be adjusted or words to that effect.  It should be unscrewed fully if not removed altogether.  This will allow the pressure switch to close at the lowest external water pressure possible.  When the switch closes it allows power to go to the solenoid valve immediately beneath the inlet socket which opens the valve to allow water to flow into the tank.  What is happening at the moment is that when the mains water flow is low it takes a fraction of a second for sufficient pressure to build up to operate the pressure switch to open the valve which then releases the pressure causing the pressure switch to close again and shut the valve.  This constant opening and shutting of the solenoid valve is causing the pulsing.  I experienced pulsing like this with the external Whale water pump in my water barrel.  In the end I removed the solenoid valve altogether as some other Forum members have done.

Last edited by Caraman on Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:57 pm

Kemerton-bath wrote:It’s a form of water hammer and is common on the Whale filler. Can be alleviated by reducing the flow of the supply.

Tim
When I experimented with mine I found the opposite was the case.  Reducing the mains water flow at the tap caused the pulsing.  Increasing the flow stopped it.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:57 am

The solenoid valve may need removing to clean its gauze filter as per this recent thread:

https://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t38541-using-the-whale-system-to-fill-the-water-tank

but I don't think cleaning the filter will affect the pulsing.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:15 am

We have no such issues irrespective of hose type/pressure/flow.
We have a simple hole in the side of the van which uses that well proven force, gravity, to direct it downwards into the tank. When the tank is full it overflows!!!!! up! hugegrins
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:32 am

IanH wrote:We have no such issues irrespective of hose type/pressure/flow.
We have a simple hole in the side of the van which uses that well proven force, gravity, to direct it downwards into the tank. When the tank is full it overflows!!!!! up! hugegrins
Now I have removed the solenoid valve that's exactly how my Whale inlet socket works when its connected to a mains hose.  But the socket can still be used by the external Whale pump in the water roll and it will still cut off when the tank is full with no overflowing.  

A small advantage of connecting the hose to the Whale inlet socket is that you don't have to hold the hose to fill the tank.  But before using the hose to fill the tank you have to use a special insert in the plug to flush the hose.  I fill with a water roll more frequently than with a hose.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:29 pm

I don't have a Whale filler connector, mine has the good old fashioned large filler hole with locking cap. I have one of these so I no longer have to hold the hose either:

Pulsating hose  when filling Motorhome 51SDixC7vBL._AC_

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Caraman and IanH like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:55 am

I have a similar cap that holds the hose for me.
I have not tried the whale filler yet and doubt that I will unless I am on a fully serviced pitch.

And I guess that would have to be the only pitch remaining. smile!
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down