The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two weeks in Mexico or buy a motorhome?

2 posters

Go down

Two weeks in Mexico or buy a motorhome? Empty Two weeks in Mexico or buy a motorhome?

Post by bikeralw Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:47 am

My daughter-in-law is looking for a half term break for her family of four, and quite fancied a week in Mexico. This is one of the cheapest she could find..
I pointed out that for the price of two of those weeks she could buy a fairly new Motorhome....
Al
Two weeks in Mexico or buy a motorhome? Fb_img10
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Two weeks in Mexico or buy a motorhome? Empty Re: Two weeks in Mexico or buy a motorhome?

Post by groundhog Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:04 am

Prices have gone through the roof as far as travel is concerned and it looks like that will continue. Normally if we buy flights in the sale with BA to Vancouver it costs us about £3500 return, business class for two of us. We are going back across end of May and the BA fare is now nearer £8000!!!
Worth looking at different options, in May we are going via Dublin, so Newquay-Dublin-Vancouver-Nanaimo, even with a Hotel in Dublin on the way out it works out £5000 less than BA and BA only got me to Vancouver. It also saves a five hour drive to Heathrow! 
The deals are out there but finding them.....
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Two weeks in Mexico or buy a motorhome? Empty Re: Two weeks in Mexico or buy a motorhome?

Post by bikeralw Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:50 pm

I started a decking project just before the first lockdown, but when everything closed down I mothballed it. However this week I've got round to finishing it off.
I knew things would be more expensive after two years, but wasn't expecting by quite so much.. Comparing invoices from the same builder's supplies, timber is up 50%, cement and aggregate 40%, screws, nails and other fittings 35%.. And this is before the effects of the fuel prices have worked their way through..
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:59 pm

bikeralw wrote:I started a decking project just before the first lockdown, but when everything closed down I mothballed it. However this week I've got round to finishing it off.
I knew things would be more expensive after two years, but wasn't expecting by quite so much.. Comparing invoices from the same builder's supplies, timber is up 50%, cement and aggregate 40%, screws, nails and other fittings 35%.. And this is before the effects of the fuel prices have worked their way through..
Al.
If you can find any.... confused3
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down