The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cold Start / Glow Plugs

Go down

Cold Start / Glow Plugs Empty Cold Start / Glow Plugs

Post by Dave 418 Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:41 pm

I will start another post rather than add to the one regarding the wardrobe door.
As I said the Rienza has been a bit of a struggle to start whilst we have been away. I have had time this afternoon to have a suss and boggling and have found the fused link has disintegrated. Hopefully it’s just old age as the remains are green and crusty. I will order a fuse and holder to replace the original link when we get home. 
Hopefully any Ford followers will find this helpful.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Cold Start / Glow Plugs Empty Re: Cold Start / Glow Plugs

Post by Dave 418 Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:02 pm

:allthumbz:Having all the bits to replace the fused link I couldnt wait until the weekend so I got stuck in today. I managed to solder a piece  of wire to the wire coming out of the fuse box and fit replace the the other end at the boost start point. The new fuse box is fitted alongside the under bonnet one giving me easy access to change the fuse.
The Rienza has been stood since last Sunday so the engine was cold. It started as normal without blowing the fuse so hopefully it was just a very corroded fused link wire. The real test will be a cold frosty morning in a remote place as per last week when the plugs are on for longer.  
I can spend the weekend cleaning and sorting things for our next trip. hoover
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

IanH likes this post

Back to top Go down