The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My New(ish) Bourton, Snagging List

+11
Clive Bishop
Steedt
Jonesie
groundhog
BobK
PLOUGHLIN
Tinwheeler
Roopert
pstallwood
Peter Brown
phil1855
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My New(ish) Bourton, Snagging List - Page 2 Empty try this simple one

Post by Andy Liles Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:34 am

change the battery on the fob, its worth a cheap punt ? smile!
Andy Liles
Andy Liles

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Surrey
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

My New(ish) Bourton, Snagging List - Page 2 Empty Re: My New(ish) Bourton, Snagging List

Post by phil1855 Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:43 am

The fob appears to work OK. From others it seems that it is a factory setting which is supposed to do.
phil1855
phil1855
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2018

Andy Liles likes this post

Back to top Go down

My New(ish) Bourton, Snagging List - Page 2 Empty Re: My New(ish) Bourton, Snagging List

Post by Jaytee Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:42 pm

Re the step sticking. I find I have to give the step linkages a good clean and a dosing of a good penetrant lubricant every month or so especially in the winter with all the road crud. I use ACF-50 as it lasts longer then WD40.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

phil1855 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dare-devil-dennis Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:03 am

The Lockout "feature" is a real pain. It caught us out once. we were lucky to get back in without damaging the motorhome. It is common to sprinters. The rationale is that it benefits a delivery driver who may leave his van unattended while he makes a delivery. With a van, it will lock the rear doors, also to leave the van secure. Of course that does not compute on a motorhome, especially now that Auto-Sleepers are not connecting the MB central locking to the Habitation door for the present time. Like others, I had a spare key cut, removed the plastic moulded top to it, stuck a small neodymium magnet on it and sealed it in a small food saver vacuum bag. This now is hidden under the motorhome, held by the magnet and protected by the bag. I also bought an aftermarket central locking system from Amazon and use it just for the habitation door. It works very well.

The step is in the direct line of the rear wheel and can get sprayed with road "muck". There should be a rear mud flap to protect it but not always and not 100% effective. The step needs care from a safety perspective. I have a friend who started his engine just as his wife was stepping out. The step retracted automatically as her foot approached it and she measured her length on the ground outside with a massive "face plant". Personally, I find that stepping out onto the step is not as secure as using a two step aluminium caravan step. We never use the fitted step.

My take on the oil level issue is that when the van goes in for a service, the mechanic drains the oil, but it will be a cold engine as it has just been brought in to the workshop. The oil is cold. The mechanic then does not allow enough time for the oil to drain and when it is filled up again, the mechanic uses the prescribed volume of oil in the service schedule. It has happened to me more than once and it grieves me to see good, expensive oil poured away. On one occasion, the mechanic told me he drained almost a litre to get the level right! I didn't get a refund on the wasted oil. At about £16/litre I wasn't amused. Next service, I will check the dipstick before I start the engine when I pick it up as it will have had time to drain back into the engine and will show if it is overfull. It may save a return trip to get it drained.

Anyway, Enjoy your Bourton.

Dennis
Dare-devil-dennis
Dare-devil-dennis
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2020

phil1855 likes this post

Back to top Go down