The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Power disconnect

5 posters

Go down

Power disconnect Empty Power disconnect

Post by jon-hawkins Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:33 pm

I have a 2017 Bourton with Sargent EC500 fitted. Two nights in a row I have been phoned by their centre at midnight to say there has been a power disconnect error. Of course Sargent went on holiday 2 nights ago and back on the 4th Jan so can't phone them! The centre has noted not to call overnight going forward.

When I turn the system on it displays a good battery voltage so no idea what this refers to. Any thoughts would be appreciated [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_________________
Jonathan
jon-hawkins
jon-hawkins
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 41
Joined : 2020-10-06
Location : Buckinghamshire
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Power disconnect Empty Re: Power disconnect

Post by Dbvwt Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:24 pm

I’ve got a 2018 van also with an EC500. I wasn’t aware that Sargent even had a monitoring centre, is this something to do with a tracker or some other system on your van? I assume you would be paying a subscription for such a service.
Sorry, not much help regarding your question, just interested in your setup on a van of similar age to mine.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 2379
Joined : 2018-10-04
Location : Aylesbury
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Power disconnect Empty Re: Power disconnect

Post by jon-hawkins Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:30 pm

Dbvwt wrote:I’ve got a 2018 van also with an EC500. I wasn’t aware that Sargent even had a monitoring centre, is this something to do with a tracker or some other system on your van? I assume you would be paying a subscription for such a service.
Sorry, not much help regarding your question, just interested in your setup on a van of similar age to mine.
I was not aware of any link to Sargent as I pay no fee and have installed a different tracker so it is a bit of a puzzle [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_________________
Jonathan
jon-hawkins
jon-hawkins
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 41
Joined : 2020-10-06
Location : Buckinghamshire
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Power disconnect Empty Re: Power disconnect

Post by Dbvwt Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:00 pm

A Xmas mystery indeed as I’ve messed around quite a bit with my EC500 and haven’t seen any external connection! Did the centre actually say they were representing Sargent?
Dbvwt
Dbvwt
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 2379
Joined : 2018-10-04
Location : Aylesbury
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Power disconnect Empty Re: Power disconnect

Post by jon-hawkins Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:07 pm

I have to admit that having gone to bed an hour before hand I was not at my best and the first caller left a message which was nearly unintelligible. The second was better but I was still half asleep so I might have heard wrong. Not going to worry as the van seems perfectly secure and secured as far as I can tell.

_________________
Jonathan
jon-hawkins
jon-hawkins
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 41
Joined : 2020-10-06
Location : Buckinghamshire
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Power disconnect Empty Re: Power disconnect

Post by Dbvwt Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:16 pm

And you say your battery voltage looked good so have a glass of mulled wine, a mince pie and enjoy the next few days till Sargent open again.
I suspect they will be just as baffled smile!
Dbvwt
Dbvwt
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 2379
Joined : 2018-10-04
Location : Aylesbury
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Power disconnect Empty Re: Power disconnect

Post by jon-hawkins Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:29 pm

Dbvwt wrote:And you say your battery voltage looked good so have a glass of mulled wine, a mince pie and enjoy the next few days till Sargent open again.
I suspect they will be just as baffled smile!
Indeed, and a very merry Christmas to you!

_________________
Jonathan
jon-hawkins
jon-hawkins
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 41
Joined : 2020-10-06
Location : Buckinghamshire
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2017

Dbvwt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Power disconnect Empty Re: Power disconnect

Post by rogerblack Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:58 pm

jon-hawkins wrote:I have to admit that having gone to bed an hour before hand I was not at my best and the first caller left a message which was nearly unintelligible. The second was better but I was still half asleep so I might have heard wrong. Not going to worry as the van seems perfectly secure and secured as far as I can tell.
You did mention back in August in the post linked below that you'd had a tracker fitted - wouldn't the call have come from the tracker company?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cheers
Roger
rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 2563
Joined : 2012-09-22
Member Age : 67
Location : East Neuk, Fife / Berkshire
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Power disconnect Empty Re: Power disconnect

Post by rgermain Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:44 pm

Dbvwt wrote:I’ve got a 2018 van also with an EC500. I wasn’t aware that Sargent even had a monitoring centre, is this something to do with a tracker or some other system on your van? I assume you would be paying a subscription for such a service.
Sorry, not much help regarding your question, just interested in your setup on a van of similar age to mine.
Same with our 2015 van, with EC500, I thought it was simple and no online messages smile!
-----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 2998
Joined : 2013-11-21
Member Age : 75
Location : Havant
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Dbvwt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Power disconnect Empty Re: Power disconnect

Post by jon-hawkins Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:54 pm

rogerblack wrote:
You did mention back in August in the post linked below that you'd had a tracker fitted - wouldn't the call have come from the tracker company?
It could be so will wait to see if it happens again and get clarity as the phone number is wrong for the tracker fitted.

_________________
Jonathan
jon-hawkins
jon-hawkins
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 41
Joined : 2020-10-06
Location : Buckinghamshire
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Power disconnect Empty Re: Power disconnect

Post by Dbvwt Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:51 pm

rogerblack wrote:
jon-hawkins wrote:I have to admit that having gone to bed an hour before hand I was not at my best and the first caller left a message which was nearly unintelligible. The second was better but I was still half asleep so I might have heard wrong. Not going to worry as the van seems perfectly secure and secured as far as I can tell.
You did mention back in August in the post linked below that you'd had a tracker fitted - wouldn't the call have come from the tracker company?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That was my first thought Roger and the reason I asked earlier if the O/P was paying a subscription to anyone.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 2379
Joined : 2018-10-04
Location : Aylesbury
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Power disconnect Empty Re: Power disconnect

Post by Caraman Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:27 am

The A-S Manual for the 2017 Bourton states that a Teletrac Trackstar TM470 is fitted:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just a thought - is it possible a previous owner paid the subscription and the loss of power refers to the vehicle battery rather than the habitation battery?
Caraman
Caraman
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 1747
Joined : 2019-04-19
Location : SALISBURY
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Power disconnect Empty Re: Power disconnect

Post by jon-hawkins Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:47 pm

Caraman wrote:The A-S Manual for the 2017 Bourton states that a Teletrac Trackstar TM470 is fitted:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just a thought - is it possible a previous owner paid the subscription and the loss of power refers to the vehicle battery rather than the habitation battery?
I had not picked up on the tracker you mention. I suppose its possible the previous owner paid a subscription but it was my mobile rung. The call centre have not rung again so hoping all is well [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_________________
Jonathan
jon-hawkins
jon-hawkins
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 41
Joined : 2020-10-06
Location : Buckinghamshire
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum