The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going away for a few days this weekend

+9
daisy mae
Caraman
gef
Richard G
Paulmold
IanH
Weegie
PLOUGHLIN
wilksy
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Going away for a few days this weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: Going away for a few days this weekend

Post by Caraman Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:50 pm

daisy mae wrote:
Caraman wrote:... At the end of the trip on your way home, completely drain the water system and tanks with the taps and all valves open and the of course pump off.

That doesn`t come across as empty before leaving site,  sorry if I misunderstand but perhaps you can see why.
My fault.  As you know it does take a while for the hot water tank to drain through the Truma valve.   In my case it drips all over the gas tank so not easy to collect.  I have been known to drive off with it still dripping which probably isn't right.  In the winter it only drips onto hardstanding so no grass damage, its clean and no more than 10 litres.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Going away for a few days this weekend - Page 2 Empty Re: Going away for a few days this weekend

Post by wilksy Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:57 am

Thought I would update my post just to say how we got on, this being our second trip since owning the motorhome.

Firstly the water filling etc went without a hitch followed the advice and actually read the section regarding the heating etc and managed to get heating and hot water when needed.

Unfortunately there were a few things that didn't quite go to plan, the very first being the Thule step refused to retract when off hook up and didn't even retract when I started the engine, I had to reconnect the hook up retract the step and then drive away - this was before I'd even left my drive.

Then I got numerous warning text's from AS Monitor telling me I had a leisure battery fault and two messages on the Sargent unit saying that the voltage was less than 9V.  Don't have any idea what is wrong with that.

I went with advice to blank off the fridge vents with the supplied panels, this then stopped the fridge and freezer working so after the first day I removed them and the fridge freezer then started working properly, again I have no idea why that was.

And finally the continuous racket from the above cab area was so annoying I felt like turning round and going home, it just constantly groans and squeaks on anything other than a dead smooth road and it is unbearable, pretty good for a near £80K vehicle with less that 700 miles travelled.

I'm actually glad I decided not to go to Spain in it over Christmas as I just don't think I could take the noise for days on end.

Other than that it was fine, weather for the most was fine and any rain was confined to overnight.
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Corinium Duo
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:00 am

As regards your step, some only retract once the vehicle is in forward motion. May be worth trying that before adding it to your list of snagging faults.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:17 am

wilksy wrote:.... the Thule step refused to retract when off hook up and didn't even retract when I started the engine, I had to reconnect the hook up retract the step and then drive away - this was before I'd even left my drive.

Then I got numerous warning text's from AS Monitor telling me I had a leisure battery fault and two messages on the Sargent unit saying that the voltage was less than 9V.  Don't have any idea what is wrong with that.

I'm actually glad I decided not to go to Spain in it over Christmas as I just don't think I could take the noise for days on end.

When connected to an EHU the PX300 provides all the 12V habitation electrics which includes the step.  When not connected to an EHU, the leisure battery is supposed to provide the habitation electrics until it is discharged.  It sounds as though your leisure battery is discharged.  Have you checked it with a multimeter?  It certainly needs checking out with your dealer.  

When I start the engine, an alarm sounds if the step is out and then it automatically retracts which I can see happening in the mirror before I drive off.  If there is a problem with the leisure battery, I guess it won't retract.

When we bought our Nuevo is 2019, it took 4 months and several trips to the dealer and eventually the AS Svc Centre in Willersey before we were confident enough to take it any distance from home.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wilksy Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:28 am

This is my thoughts as well, I've never felt comfortable with the leisure battery I did take it up with Marquis when I first picked it up but they were a bit dismissive so I just left it.

I have now booked it in with Marquis to take a look at the leisure battery, the step (i think its related) and the awful racket
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Corinium Duo
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:51 am

I don't know if you have a multimeter but its a good thing to have one with you in the van.  It's easy enough to check the voltage on the leisure battery terminals.  Its also easy to check the leisure battery terminals are secured properly and that the leisure battery in-line fuse hasn't blown, as either could be source of your problem.  If your PX300 isn't charging your leisure battery satisfactorily and the EC700 hasn't been shutdown, there is a risk that the vehicle battery will become discharged as I have found that when the leisure battery is disconnected the EC700 draws its power (up to 0.3A) from the vehicle battery.  I would shutdown the EC700 until you are ready to drive to Marquis.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:24 pm

wilksy wrote:This is my thoughts as well, I've never felt comfortable with the leisure battery I did take it up with Marquis when I first picked it up but they were a bit dismissive so I just left it.

I have now booked it in with Marquis to take a look at the leisure battery, the step (i think its related) and the awful racket

I had the exact same racket from the overhead cab area on my Corinium. Willersey solved the problem which I was informed was due to the wood panels in the area not having sufficient clearance between them, all were removed and refitted.

Niall

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:46 pm

Good idea to have fridge covers, on when washing down the van,  particularly if using a hosepipe.
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway owner
Vehicle Year : 2014 mod

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2