The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-upholstering my 1999 Pollensa

3 posters

Go down

Re-upholstering my 1999 Pollensa Empty Re-upholstering my 1999 Pollensa

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:11 am

Hi guys.
My wee Polly could use a spruce up and I would like to find out "roughly" the cost of re-upholstering her.
I'm in Central Scotland and not even sure of where locally would do it but that's a different problem I'll solve when I need to.
So, anyone who has re-upholstered thier Autosleeper, what were the costs? How long did it take, where there any issues?
Many thanks

BB
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Re-upholstering my 1999 Pollensa Empty Re: Re-upholstering my 1999 Pollensa

Post by roli Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:20 am

There are a few firms about who exhibit at the shows Regal etc, but I suspect it would a mortgage job in fuel for you as well as the cost of the job.

Could I suggest you ask one of the dealers reasonably local to you (motorhome or caravan) whom they would use and then check that company out, sorry cant be of much help.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:30 am

Thanks for the reply matey.

I did enquire with the company we bought our van from, they told me they don't do it themselves, basically, used vans are sold "as is".
Theres a couple of caravanny places not too far away, might drop them an email too.
Appreciate the response.

BB

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:42 am

Hello BB

There is a guy near me who comes highly recommended - Link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Probably way too far for you to consider I realise, but a search on Google should bring up similar professionals in your area up!

There is also a brilliant guy on the VW T4 forum called Stumpy? who also is very good at his work.

Would imagine as Roli says that this kind of work doesn't come cheap!

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramblingon Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I am using the above as an example of potential cost involved, there are lots of folks that will claim to do this kind of work, but in my experience recommendation from someone that has had work done is essential else you take a gamble, all the best, let us know how you get on.

Please note that choosing the "wrong" pattern/quality fabric can positively devalue your van or at best make it very hard to sell. smile!
Ramblingon
Ramblingon
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman

Back to top Go down