The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorry a Moan

+13
groundhog
scmarf
Askit
Bilbobaggins
Peatlander 2
roli
HJA
rgermain
Dave 418
Tinwheeler
Paulmold
burlingtonboaby
daisy mae
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Sorry a Moan - Page 3 Empty Re: Sorry a Moan

Post by Peatlander 2 Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:29 am

Daisy mae, I don't think you have upset any one, and I personally don't see it as a dig at newbies (we were all noobs once, weren't we!?) I just see it as a generalised comment on the change in social attitudes across the whole gamut.

I don't know if 'social media' has brought this about, people don't interact the same when it's not face to face, or if it's just a general lack of manners overall.

I don't think that's just younger folk either (who generally get the blame, don't they?) I think it's right across society. To be fair, our grandparents probably thought it was our parents who were at fault, and their grandparents and so on.

I try to be polite, I think. I hope so. It costs nothing! (now, if I had to pay.....)
Peatlander 2
Peatlander 2
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:45 am

Thank you Peatlander 2

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Peatlander 2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Crashman Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:50 am

Margaret

I doubt you have upset anyone - certainly not me. You are as entitled as anyone to air your thoughts and frustrations.

As it is generally us newcomers to motorhoming who are ignorant of the correct etiquette in comparison to the more seasons practitioners, I thought I ought to advance the other side of the coin and answer some of the points raised not only by you but some of the other contributors as well.

And while I'm at it, thank you to everyone for making us newcomers welcome and providing much-needed help with our queries.
Crashman
Crashman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Dorset
Vehicle Year : 2012

Tinwheeler and Peatlander 2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3