The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should it have….?

+3
inspiredron
Tinwheeler
Robert1351
7 posters

Go down

Should it have….? Empty Should it have….?

Post by Robert1351 Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:53 pm

Hi. I have a deposit down on a 2017 Broadway EK 4 berth. It seems to have the premium pack and the winter pack. I’m surprised that the rear view camera doesn’t seem to be connected up in the cab and the front seats don’t appear to swivel. Why might this be so? Salesman surprised too. I’ve expressly pointed out the need to have the RVC functioning. I don’t think the seats are likely to be be changed, however.
Robert1351
Robert1351

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Should it have….? Empty Re: Should it have….?

Post by Tinwheeler Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:27 pm

The latest website info shows the current model with a swivelling passenger seat but not the driver's seat as there's nowhere for it to turn.

Whatever, you can fit swivelling plates for around £100-ish each.

Our 2017 Warwick utilised the satnav screen to view the reversing camera.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:30 pm

Looks as though the last owner removed the Garmin satnav and the dealer didn't notice!. With the Broadway EK 4b what is the point of a swivel front seat?  You have a small dinette behind the driver and both front seats are effectively separated from the lounge. On the 2 berth a small table sits just behind the two front seats  which can use it when rotated  - but only just, if my Nuevo is similar.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:06 am

Just thought,   when we got the Warwick you had to turn the interior mirror on with a hand control. 
The most stupid arrangement I had ever seen.      Happened to be talking to an auto electrician at Towtal and he said I can cure that and with 5 minutes he had set up the mirror to come on with the ignition and the remote was binned
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:31 am

roli wrote:Just thought,   when we got the Warwick you had to turn the interior mirror on with a hand control. 
The most stupid arrangement I had ever seen.      Happened to be talking to an auto electrician at Towtal and he said I can cure that and with 5 minutes he had set up the mirror to come on with the ignition and the remote was binned
Hi Roli do you know what he altered to enable this please, cheers

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:54 pm

Lifted the floor covering on the drivers side and switched a wire from one connector to another Sorry I can’t be more specific but I do remember being impressed with all the cables being labelled
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

FreelanderUK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:24 pm

roli wrote:Lifted the floor covering on the drivers side and switched a wire from one connector to another Sorry I can’t be more specific but I do remember being impressed with all the cables being labelled
Thanks ,will investigate

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert1351 Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:55 pm

Thanks Tinwheeler, that’s very useful information. I might look into fitting a swivelling plate for the passenger seat to provide a comfortable reclining seat in addition to the uprights of the dinette and the nice lie-down option from the settee (providing the height difference isn’t too great). It looks as though someone has tried to rotate it but only succeeded in distorting the seat frame instead. The arm points somewhat towards the driver’s side!

There’s definitely no sat nav, that’s for sure.
Robert1351
Robert1351

Male

Tinwheeler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert1351 Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:00 pm

Hi inspiredron. Now there’s a point. I reckon you might be bang on. I have made it very clear that the reversing camera has to work so I guess they’ll go for the cheap option and wire in one of those mirror things. I’ll see what I can discover.
Robert1351
Robert1351

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BornAgain Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:02 pm

On our 2016 Broadway the rear view camera was wired to the rear view mirror and came on automatically when selecting reverse. You could also have it on permanently by selecting with the remote.
BornAgain

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:13 pm

Robert1351 wrote:Thanks Tinwheeler, that’s very useful information. I might look into fitting a swivelling plate for the passenger seat to provide a comfortable reclining seat in addition to the uprights of the dinette and the nice lie-down option from the settee (providing the height difference isn’t too great). It looks as though someone has tried to rotate it but only succeeded in distorting the seat frame instead. The arm points somewhat towards the driver’s side!

There’s definitely no sat nav, that’s for sure.
There are plenty of swivel plate suppliers online, Robert. I can’t remember who we bought from.

I'd be a bit concerned about the distorted seat frame as it might prevent fitting of the swivel plate. Is it safe? I think I’d want the dealer to sort that out.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert1351 Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:30 pm

Tinwheeler, thanks for your concern. I’ve requested the distortion be sorted. The salesman thinks it’s just the bracket fixing the arm to the downtube of the seat frame. I said it’s more likely the downtube twisted so we'll see what transpires. I’ll have to keep my eye on it as the dealer is distant and I don’t want to turn up to an unsatisfactory fix. I doubt they’ll be prepared to replace the seat.

Regarding the reverse camera I’m wondering if the cd-player/radio displays the image when reverse gear is selected. I wasn’t able to check that.
Robert1351
Robert1351

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:36 pm

The standard radio doesn't have CD slot so may be a replacement .  Mine has been replaced and the reverse camera shows on that screen albeit via a switch on dashboard.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert1351 Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:48 pm

Thanks Paul. I was so busy on the viewing day I didn’t notice there wasn’t a cd slot. Let’s call it a radio as I really can’t recall. Good to know that your reverse camera shows on that screen. I’ve discovered now that post 2014 Boxers accept input on the fitted radio from reversing cameras and you can get stuff on eBay to suit. So I guess that the RVC situation will come good. Another email to the salesman is in process [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Getting there slowly. We’ve also now sold our caravan so no part exchange. Just asking for a “no px” discount but am not hopeful as their advertised price was 3k below the price they said they had on their system  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] !
Robert
Robert1351
Robert1351

Male

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum