The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weather

+17
mikethebike
Relaxez-Vous
Cymro
Peter Brown
Paulmold
daisy mae
Tinwheeler
bikeralw
FreelanderUK
BobK
IanH
Suppersready
groundhog
Bilbobaggins
Askit
Dave 418
burlingtonboaby
21 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Weather - Page 28 Empty Re: Weather

Post by groundhog Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:35 am

Bobskate wrote:Thanks Boaby. Since our bedroom faces east perhaps I’ll do some dawn reports at 5.30 am ish in the summer.
Great idea Bob, 5.30 am Boaby and Tag can read it as they eat lunch about then
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:21 pm

Usually on my second plate of porridge by then, turned out nice and sunny with a chilly wind coming of the coast.
Just back from Tags second walk, having a Cherry brandy on ice, to celebrate our Christmas dinner in Berlin 50 years ago.
Enjoy your day,mind it's your turn to do the KP duties GH
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:14 pm

Still cloudy and dull here but can’t go into detail as playing with grandson’s train set which requires concentration and hand and eye coordination. A bit of a challenge. It was all clockwork in my day!
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:09 pm

It's been pouring down all day here. Started early: grandson (and his sister and parents are staying with us) discovered at 03:20 that the Tooth Fairy had arrived. Going rate is an incredible £4.00!! Then, at 06:05. they found that Siôn Corn [Santa] had also arrived and filled their stockings. Mrs C suggested an early coffee. So not a gentle start! But OK for grandchildren's parents, who were snug and undisturbed in the Nuevo outside, until they put in a leisurely appearance at about 09:00. Smoked salmon blinis with bubbly at 11:00.

We're 9 here, yesterday and today - and guess who's the Only Washer-up? House is wonderfully lively, with lots of peated Penderyn Malt being exchanged. Thought that the Queen's broadcast was very skilfully drafted, and incredibly well delivered: would that I could be so composed at 95.

Nuevo is so useful on these occasions - as long as the occupants resist the temptation to fiddle! 

Merry Christmas to you all. How I enjoy this Forum and your contributions!

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

groundhog, Askit and jetty like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:57 am

Out with Tag for a brief walk before the rain hits this part of the coast,very windy and cool.
My tooth fairy used to leave a silver sixpence under my pillow. 65 odd years ago.
Have a nice day and relax.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:53 am

I now understand the reference to Tag and being around early. Going for a walk at 3.57 am before the rain starts? Must be mad but of course in a nice way, 😀😀. Raining  here already and due to continue most of the day. Not sure we’ll be out much.
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:02 am

Cold night but not frosty. Had a lovely peaceful Christmas day. As a special treat I switched my big speakers on and hooked them up to the telly last night for the Berlin Phil and John Williams concert on BBC 4

SWMBO loves ballet so may do the same for Nutcracker tonight.

Stay safe

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:35 am

It’s absolutely lashing it down here at Hunstanton and has been most of the night, it always sounds worse on the van roof but it’s as bad as it sounds, have a great day what ever your upto

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:57 am

Bilbobaggins wrote:
SWMBO loves ballet so may do the same for Nutcracker tonight.

Stay safe
A dilemma here. It clashes with Anything Goes. I saw it at the Barbican in London in the summer…twice. A fabulous show and tap dancing to die for followed by La Boheme….not a dry eye in the house.
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:20 am

Lovely dry and sunny day yesterday but with a very cold wind blowing. Stayed dry overnight but we do have a bit of cloud this morning. Nothing much moving out there, either animal or human.

So was that it, after 4 months of hype it's over in a flash. Never mind, only 8 months until we start it all over again  snigger  But seriously, we had a great day with all the food and drink we like. We did take a bit of time to reflect on Christmas dinners past and those not here to enjoy them with us and whose company we miss, not in a maudlin way, but as memories of happy times. Get stuck in folks, it doesn't last forever.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP

Cymro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:56 am

Stottin down since the bank of 4 am, I like to get out with the dog before the rain comes in Bob, used to take our first BT Maisie down the beaches on Bute, the scenery, the fresh sea air.Maisie loved it.
Have a nice day, onto the mince pies now,deep fried of course.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:11 am

Morning all!
Blue skies again down here, 11 degrees so still pretty mild. Think we will stay away from the sea front today as it will be heaving, a walk round the village is in order.
Hope yesterday was good for you all, we had a great day, son, partner and grandson came, we bought the lad a keyboard worrying whether he would like it or not "Best present ever" he hasn't stopped playing it since yesterday! Phew!
We are so lucky with the things we can do now, late afternoon as Mount Benson woke up, facebook messenger came in to play and we watched the family the other side of the World open their presents then playing in the snow on their new snowboards, it was just a snapshot of a real Christmas but a joy!
On the subject of music turned on Sky arts Christmas Eve and watched Les Miserables the show version with Alfie Boe, Michael Ball and the rest of the cast... awesome, love Les Mis anyway but just went to reinforce why I never watch these manufactured TV talent shows.
Enough waffle, have a great day all allthumbz
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:43 am

When I took our son into work this morning at half nine it was dark damp and looking like a wet day was on the cards. When I took muttly on our morning walk the rain had eased of a lot and it was trying to brightened up. Of coarse we had the fight of the towel when we got home. He won’t let management dry him but after a bit of a run round the sitting room I manage to rub him down. He has had his denta chew and a couple of treats and gone back to sleep.
We were going to walk to our daughters for lunch but I put that plan on hold. I don’t fancy walking home in the rain if the weather breaks agin later so we will go in the car. Getting muttly in the car could be another matter.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:10 am

Dreich,mild ,thick sea fret/har covering the coastal area,  not much fun walking in it, no wind to clear the moisture.
Have a nice day.what ever you're in too up!
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:49 am

Dry again with broken cloud but still on the cold side.

Hope nobody got one of those toxic turkeys that the news is reporting  Whistle1

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:18 am

Dry but feels cold and damp, looks like we won't get much daylight today.

Daughter has booked PCR test as a rugby mate she was in same room with last Tuesday tested positive on Sunday. Lateral flow last night was negative a d no symptoms showing 

Turkey was a local butchers rolled joint, very nice and made a nice turkey and ham pasta bake last night. Might be turkey curry tonight

Stay safe

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:19 pm

What a busy day, waved to visitors off, had a great time but equally lovely to return to peace and quiet and not endless carving, washing up, laying the table etc.
Been a damp and murky old day today, still very mild, even now it is 12 degrees.
Busy preparing now for Innocents Day tomorrow, a great day in history, will explain why tomorrow.
Sleep well allthumbz
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Peter Brown likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:51 am

Repeat on yesterday's weather,not even the gulls are up in this thick damp pea souper.
Have a nice day,stay safe.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:51 am

Up with the lark this morning 6.35am (well for some) and it’s all good news. It’s not actually raining, though the swirling mists are reminiscent of a scene from The  Trollenberg Terror. According to the forecast it’s not due to rain until 9.00am so I could manage a walk round the block if I get a move on. The icing on the cake is that the foxes have not been digging up the planter. Can life get better? 😀😀
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:09 am

Not cold smile!

Finally a mildish morning, slight mist both otherwise promises to be a not bad December day.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:59 am

Almost a repeat of yesterday here too, not as cold but dry and dull.

Our planters (and garden bulbs) are most at risk of getting dug up by the squirrels. All our planters have been covered with perspex domes until they get into bloom, otherwise they get pointlessly damaged. Our fox was quite happy yesterday, playing with a clothes peg I dropped in the garden  shrugg

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:20 am

Aski wrote:
Our planters (and garden bulbs) are most at risk of getting dug up by the squirrels. All our planters have been covered with perspex domes until they get into bloom, otherwise they get pointlessly damaged. Our fox was quite happy yesterday, playing with a clothes peg I dropped in the garden  shrugg
Yes I get squirrels  as well. I bought some rigid rectangular mats with small spikes designed to deter animals. I should add the spikes are not razor sharp, more something that would be ‘uncomfortable’  to the touch. They seem to work. However  I wish I could find a solution to Magpies digging up the lawn, though at the moment a green woodpecker is burrowing away and I don’t seem to mind that.
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:18 am

A late start today but not without good reason for again innocents day cometh around.
A day of blue skies in the Duchy of Charlie Boy but with a strong wind from the west, has Camilla overdone the sprouts again this year?

This is the day though to celebrate the birth of a baby boy, for 73 years ago in a place where the snow was like a good pizza ( deep pan crisp and even) a child was born and they named him David. Others though cried no he is more like e little chuckling so he must henceforth be known as Groundhog.
He shall travel the World, but, to make it more interesting rather than give him the usual reliable donkey we shall give him a motorhome. For sure he will relish this challenge as all about him it falls apart and bits stop working. This way he will be a wiser man as he learns to fix it with no tools in the middle of a field somewhere in a land called France.
So to celebrate this birth people throughout the lands shall forever more decorate trees, light nights and make merry that all the turkey from the other fellas birthday has gone.

According to Lady G the men in white coats have been summoned.

Have a great day all.... I intend to allthumbz Weather - Page 28 1f37a  Weather - Page 28 2615  Weather - Page 28 1f60e
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Bobskate and Tinwheeler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:22 am

Good one, Hog. Enjoy your anniversary.  up!
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:25 am

It seems warmer this morning but it’s grey and damp out so I will get the towel ready for muttly when we get back from our walk. 
As much as I don’t like the cold frosty or even snowy weather it would be better than this grey stuff. I don’t think we have seen any sun for days.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next