The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thetford oven fan

3 posters

Go down

Thetford oven fan Empty Thetford oven fan

Post by RoRa Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:39 am

I'm sure I have seen a post from others with this problem but unfortunately cannot find it by searching so my apologies for any duplication. 

Our oven has an inbuilt fan that automatically runs but is very noisy and seems to go on for far too long. Is there any way of turning the fan off or reducing the time it runs?

Thanking you in advance for any help.
RoRa
RoRa

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Thetford oven fan Empty Re: Thetford oven fan

Post by Caraman Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:59 pm

I am sure there is stuff on the forum about this.  The fan on my 2019 model is thermostatically controlled so it doesn't come on until the cooker is hot and then stays on for an irritatingly long time draining the leisure battery in the process if off-grid.  I understand that on previous models the fan comes on as soon at the glass lid over the hob is lifted which is even worse.  We just live with it.  Our fan predominantly comes on after the grill or oven is used so on the one occasion we went off-grid this year we only used the hob!  Once the cooking is over we find opening the grill and oven doors so things cool down more quickly helps at bit.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Neuvobluebird Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:48 pm

Ours in the same on our brand new Neuvo - seems to come on very early and takes a long time to stop. Was going to raise it on our snag list following our first trip away but seems as though it is a feature of this oven
Neuvobluebird
Neuvobluebird

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by RoRa Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:48 pm

Dear Neuvoblubird
Please let us know what your dealer suggests as a solution or a workaround, we will all be interested.
RoRa
RoRa

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down