The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corinium Duo

5 posters

Go down

Corinium Duo  Empty Corinium Duo

Post by wilksy Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:25 pm

Before I contact the dealer I wonder if someone with far more experience than me could give me an indication of what is and isn't acceptable noise when driving my Corinium Duo - its new and this was my very first outing.

Whilst I appreciate that there will be some noise which can be minimised with towels etc there was a constant squeak from above both my head and the passenger's head which seemed to be coming from the area where the metal cab of the Peugeot meets the fibreglass etc of the conversion.

The noise is deafening and almost constant and sounds like some part of the body is constantly rubbing against another, even turning the radio up fails to drown it out.

My ownership so far has not been what I had expected, but now I have most of the issues fixed everything performed as it should, just need to see if this racket is fixable and/or normal.
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Corinium Duo
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Corinium Duo  Empty Re: Corinium Duo

Post by Tinwheeler Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:54 pm

Although it was a PVC, we had similar in our last Warwick. It seemed to be the 'wooden' trim fitted around the overcab area which was fixed with double sided sticky tape Whistle1

The washroom wall creaked in cooler weather too.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:49 pm

I had exactly the same on the first outing in my “ new then “ Corinium FB, I found the noise much worse when the weather was very warm. Only after AS at Willersey totally removed all the wood shelf, and cubby whole storage areas  in the Luton area above the driver and passenger did they solve the problem. If I remember correct it was something along the lines of not enough clearance allowed during installation and they had to trim some of the panels.

Niall.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by wilksy Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:55 am

Suppersready wrote:I had exactly the same on the first outing in my “ new then “ Corinium FB, I found the noise much worse when the weather was very warm. Only after AS at Willersey totally removed all the wood shelf, and cubby whole storage areas  in the Luton area above the driver and passenger did they solve the problem. If I remember correct it was something along the lines of not enough clearance allowed during installation and they had to trim some of the panels.

Niall.
Interesting that's exactly what I think is wrong with mine, I contacted the dealer who said they have had other AS with the same issue but not been able to sort it out.

How did you get AS Willersey involved was it direct or by going through your dealer.
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:34 pm

Dealer referred the problem back to Willersey as a warranty issue.

Niall.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:18 pm

wilksy wrote:How did you get AS Willersey involved was it direct or by going through your dealer.
You can choose between your dealer or the AS Service Centre at Willersey for warranty work.  You don't have to be referred to the AS Service Centre by your dealer.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:30 pm

Suppersready wrote:Dealer referred the problem back to Willersey as a warranty issue.

Niall.

I should have mentioned this was after two failed attempts by them to rectify the issue, and as wilksy’s dealer has  stated they have been unable to resolve other vehicles with the same issue it is probably his best option.

Niall.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wilksy Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:07 am

I spoke with AS yesterday and was put through to a gentlemen who informed me that it was probably the luton top rubbing on the metal cab, the solution apparently is to remove the wooden shelf etc and use wedges to create a gap between the two offending parts and then insert foam or something else.

I replied saying its a pity it wasn't done when they built it, which he agreed with, and then went on to explain that AS have a huge staff turnover and 56 people have left this year already.

If this is the case then there is little hope that the vehicles will be constructed with any degree of compantcy.

It's a shame really but my next vehicle, if indeed I get a next one, will definitely not be a AS.
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:59 am

wilksy wrote:I spoke with AS yesterday and was put through to a gentlemen who informed me that it was probably the luton top rubbing on the metal cab, the solution apparently is to remove the wooden shelf etc and use wedges to create a gap between the two offending parts and then insert foam or something else.

I replied saying its a pity it wasn't done when they built it, which he agreed with, and then went on to explain that AS have a huge staff turnover and 56 people have left this year already.

If this is the case then there is little hope that the vehicles will be constructed with any degree of compantcy.

It's a shame really but my next vehicle, if indeed I get a next one, will definitely not be a AS.

My vehicle was originally delivered to a Marquise dealer up north, then driven down to Marquise Tewkesbury for me to collect and after a very short time while driving home the  excessively load squeaking began. I concluded that this noise must have just started as surley AS and their authorised dealer would not have released a £66k vehicle in this condition .... Whistle1 thanksverymuch

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:06 pm

lol4 lol4 lol4
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hillhead Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:00 pm

I think that for a new vehicle to make a loud noise like that would be grounds for rejecting it as not suitable for purpose.
I would read up on the law 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Going back to the dealer fully armed with the relevant law and asking for a full refund will probably concentrate their minds wonderfully. Don't be fobbed off, if you have had it for less than 30 days you don't have to accept a repair. - if you want to keep the van then the threat of losing the sale and being stuck with effectively a second hand van may get them to sort it out once and for all.
hillhead
hillhead

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down