The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAKY SINK IN POLLENSA

2 posters

Go down

LEAKY SINK IN POLLENSA  Empty LEAKY SINK IN POLLENSA

Post by Poppythepeugot Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:45 pm

I've just noticed that my sink is leaking, only really because I happened to store some bowls underneath and they've been catching the water as it drained! Looked and it seems to be coming from the waste pipe directly, and I can see it drippung from the mdf that is directly under the sink. The issue is that I can't see anyway of accessing the bit I need to without ripping this bit out which I don't want to do. Has anyone had anything similar happen? How did you fix it? Thankyou so much for any input I'd be very grateful
Poppythepeugot
Poppythepeugot

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

LEAKY SINK IN POLLENSA  Empty Re: LEAKY SINK IN POLLENSA

Post by Slow-Lane Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:11 pm

Hi, I'm guessing you mean the sink in the kitchen area, not the washroom? Before pulling things apart try and work out where the liak is starting from. It may be the seal between the pipe and the bottom of the sink, or it may be the joint between the plastic union under the sink and the flexible pipe that takes the water away. Try drying the area with some kitchen paper then running a little water down, while watching to see where the water leak is.  

The drain pipe is usually attached to the sink by a screw that you can see when looking at the drain hole from above. There is usually a single screw in the middle of the drain that can be unscrewed to release the pipe assembly from the bottom of the sink. Once free it should be easier to repair.
Slow-Lane
Slow-Lane
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

LEAKY SINK IN POLLENSA  Empty Re: LEAKY SINK IN POLLENSA

Post by Poppythepeugot Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:57 am

I fixed it! I was being a dumb dumb and not actually looking directly under sink. The waste pipe had come away completely so I screwed it back in and gaffer taped it for good measure. Thanks for your input
Poppythepeugot
Poppythepeugot

Female

Vehicle Year : 2001

Boots likes this post

Back to top Go down