The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waste water sensor

+4
Caraman
groundhog
mikethebike
Supapen
8 posters

Go down

Waste water sensor Empty Waste water sensor

Post by Supapen Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:56 am

We have not owned our Malvern for long. We are away this weekend.  Before leaving filled fresh water and ensured waste was empty.  This morning at 5.00am it started raining.  At 5.30 I was woken by an alarm.  Checked the control panel and it says the waste tank is full. How??? I did some washing up and a few hand washes but that was all.
Supapen
Supapen

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Malvern
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Waste water sensor Empty Re: Waste water sensor

Post by mikethebike Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:45 am

waste water levels are always incorrect in my experience.
Just drain tank at every opportunity.

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

IanH likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:10 am

Does it really need an alarm to tell you the waste water is full, can you disconnect it and do as Micky suggests just empty the tank regularly. Why manufacturers fit these useless gizmos defeats me, from what you say almost certainly it is nowhere near full!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

IanH likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:35 am

Supapen wrote:We have not owned our Malvern for long. We are away this weekend.  Before leaving filled fresh water and ensured waste was empty.  This morning at 5.00am it started raining.  At 5.30 I was woken by an alarm.  Checked the control panel and it says the waste tank is full. How??? I did some washing up and a few hand washes but that was all.
As others have suggested, it's easy enough to check if the tank is full by emptying it.  The water tank gauges are unreliable.  If one is indicating full when it isn't try cleaning/descaling the inside of the tank.  Are you sure what the 5.30 alarm was for?  It may not have had anything to do with the wastewater.  That it started raining 30 minutes before the alarm went off may have been a coincidence.  The alarm whatever it was for could also be faulty.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:58 pm

If the water alarms are troublesome or not wanted on the EC700 they can be switched off on the Screen Settings Page:

"Key beep – pressing the key beep toggle button switches the key press beep off and on. Water level alarms – pressing the water level alarm toggle button switches the water level alarms on and off."

Don't know about the EC500.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Supapen and Mabli like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gpilky Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:48 pm

Caraman wrote:If the water alarms are troublesome or not wanted on the EC700 they can be switched off on the Screen Settings Page:

"Key beep – pressing the key beep toggle button switches the key press beep off and on. Water level alarms – pressing the water level alarm toggle button switches the water level alarms on and off."

Don't know about the EC500.
Yes - it can be turned off on the EC500 too - via the EC480 panel above the door (in my Broadway). Access the 'Advanced Settings' and in there is an option to turn the water alarms off. I did this with mine to silence the same waste sensor issues.

"To access the advanced settings, on the home screen (the one with the company / brand logo), press and hold the up and down arrows together. Continue holding these buttons until the screen changes.

To scroll through the various settings use the up and down buttons. To change a setting press the select button (left arrow)."
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Supapen, Mabli and Dors Tours like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:58 pm

Are you Sure you did not leave a tap turned  on
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:48 am

We had the sensors cleaned twice on our Broadway FB in its first year but it didn’t take long for them to start showing the tank was full again when it wasn’t. In the end I disconnected the wiring and emptied frequently.

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2013 Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Brycey Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:04 pm

gpilky wrote
Yes - it can be turned off on the EC500 too - via the EC480 panel above the door (in my Broadway). Access the 'Advanced Settings' and in there is an option to turn the water alarms off. I did this with mine to silence the same waste sensor issues.

Yep I had to do this today when I knew for definite the tank was empty as on driveway with the waste tap fully open and no more drips to be had. Originally showed as 50% full permanently when bought (known fault) then when I cleaned and flushed (trying to fix the problem) it started to show as 100% full when empty with constant alarm every time system was switched on.
Fresh water tank usually goes from 75% full to 25% without ever seeing 50% as well looks like the water sensors are a little bit inaccurate to say the least.
Brycey
Brycey

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Stanton
Vehicle Year : 2015

Dors Tours likes this post

Back to top Go down