The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2020 Mercedes Cab - Door Speaker Issues

4 posters

Go down

2020 Mercedes Cab - Door Speaker Issues Empty 2020 Mercedes Cab - Door Speaker Issues

Post by Wide-Awake Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:22 pm

I just wondered if anyone else has issues with the volume from the doors speakers in their 2019+ Mercedes cabs. I can only hear sound from the centre speaker mounted in the dash. The speakers in the doors are very faint and you can only hear sound if you put your ear down to them.

As far I can see there are no adjustments avialable on the MBUX system.

I did ask my local Mercedes garage to look at the issue when it when in for the swivel seat recall, but they don't appear to have done anything.
Wide-Awake
Wide-Awake

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

2020 Mercedes Cab - Door Speaker Issues Empty Re: 2020 Mercedes Cab - Door Speaker Issues

Post by Dave 418 Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:25 pm

Not the same base vehicle but the rear speakers didn’t work when we got our Rienza. After re connecting them they were very low volume. After a bit of thinking I found the front to rear balance was bias towards the front. Fortunately the Ford radio CD player is simple to adjust.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

2020 Mercedes Cab - Door Speaker Issues Empty Re: 2020 Mercedes Cab - Door Speaker Issues

Post by Widget Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:27 am

I was onsite ( Newbury ) with my Bourton over the weekend when I read your post. To be honest I didn't even realise I had door speakers. So straight to the cab to check things out. You were correct, very faint sound output. Into settings and moved the ball icon to the centre as it was focused on the driver. In the cab the radio sounded much better and I left it playing as I went back to packing up. It was 10minutes later when I noticed we have ceiling mounted speakers in the rear of the mh in line with the wardrobe and fridge. They had come to life to.
It is not perfect but thanks to your post, much better. However the option on the balance ,back to front, left or right is not great, but OK.
Widget
Widget

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : BOURTON

Back to top Go down

Post by Wide-Awake Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:19 pm

Widget wrote:I was onsite ( Newbury ) with my Bourton over the weekend when I read your post. To be honest I didn't even realise I had door speakers. So straight to the cab to check things out. You were correct, very faint sound output. Into settings and moved the ball icon to the centre as it was focused on the driver. In the cab the radio sounded much better and I left it playing as I went back to packing up. It was 10minutes later when I noticed we have ceiling mounted speakers in the rear of the mh in line with the wardrobe and fridge. They had come to life to.
It is not perfect but thanks to your post, much better. However the option on the balance ,back to front, left or right is not great, but OK.
Hi Widget - Thanks for your reply. My rear speakers seem OK. The only issue being that the MBUX system shuts down after about 10 minutes so not ideal if you want to listen to the radio or play music via bluetooth etc. whilst sat in the hab area.
Anyway it would appear that you have the same issue as myself.
Wide-Awake
Wide-Awake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Widget Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:51 am

Hi, again you are correct with the radio shutting down after ten minutes. Therefore, I don't see the point of the rear speakers. Maybe for the dog riding in the back?
I guess there must be a way to by pass the timer? We can't be the first to have this question....
Widget
Widget

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by frederic Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:40 pm

Speakers in the doors of motorhomes should really be isolated when on site as the doors act as bombboxes and the rest of the site can enjoy  so_sad your choice of entertainment.
Fading to the back, habitation area, speakers should eliminate this annoyance 
frederic
frederic
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz TipT
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Widget Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:03 pm

And there was me playing drum & base at full volume, at 2 in the morning! NOT .

I was actually hoping to find out if the radio can be set to play for more than ten minutes at a time WHILST fully respecting everyone's right to peace and quiet. If you can answer that it would be great.

thanks
Widget
Widget

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wide-Awake Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:24 pm

I know we are drifting away from my original issue, but it does make you wonder why A-S fit rear speakers on a system that will only play for 10 minutes
Wide-Awake
Wide-Awake

Male

Widget likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by frederic Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:48 pm

Our Duetto rears are wired up with the fronts.
And the model of Ford radio that is fitted is for vans & cab chassis units.
So would need the next radio model up from Ford and a wiring job to effect front/rear fade.
frederic
frederic
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz TipT
Vehicle Year : 2008

Widget likes this post

Back to top Go down