The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mercedes Pro experience / feedback

3 posters

Go down

Mercedes Pro experience / feedback Empty Mercedes Pro experience / feedback

Post by LDPD Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:58 pm

We have a Bourton with an active Mercedes Pro account which originally seemed to work as specified in the limited time we spent in our van over the last 18months.

Earlier this year Mercedes announced the Termination of Certain Services which included a Digital Driver’s Log with Digital Trip Management and Efficient Driving Style Analysis, both of which we had found useful.

Currently there appears to be no change to functionality available on the MBUX display in the van but the app and web login seems to have suffered - not only have we lost the two functions described above, but the frequency of updating the location of the vehicle seems pretty random. Recently we travelled 140miles, but, on the app, it took overnight to update the vehicles location whilst all the other vital signs such as fuel level, odometer, lock status were all totally up to date. So, first question - does anyone have similar experiences?

In the Mercedes email notifying of termination of services they gave a link to suppliers of third party services. I contacted a likely suspect and was signposted to two of their dealers who have failed to respond to an enquiry. I might follow up some of the other options they suggest, but I think they all seem to be aimed at commercial fleets not single motorhome owners.

Finally, I'm aware of, but not in detail, of Mercedes Me which is a similar product but aimed at the consumer market and is found in Mercedes cars. I haven't explored what this offers and am just wondering if this might be a viable alternative to Pro. So, second question - does anyone know how Pro and Me compare and might it be a possibility?

That's all for now folks!

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Mercedes Pro experience / feedback Empty Re: Mercedes Pro experience / feedback

Post by gemdeco Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:01 pm

Hi
      I was told that Mercedes Pro is no longer available but that it is combined with Mercedes Me,after some difficulty my MH is registered with Mercedes Me but I still have to find out what it gives me as I have had little info from Mercedes
regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:51 pm

I had MB Me fitted on my E Class. All it seemed to do was drain my phone battery so it is now disabled.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:08 am

Hi Everyone
        I am still trying to get Mercedes Pro/Me to work . I am registered and everything I am told the MH is not used enough and the communication module has gone into sleep mode, I think I will be following suit
Regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down