The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mercedes Brake recall

3 posters

Go down

Mercedes  Brake recall  Empty Mercedes Brake recall

Post by gemdeco Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:41 am

Hi Everyone
         Picked this up on Motorhome Fun last night and checked a little further on  some of the new Sprinters with electric handbrake there is a recall "VS3BREPB" and something to do with "cills" may not affect chassis cabs. I find Mercedes very slow to notify you may wish to check it out
 regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

groundhog and Davo like this post

Back to top Go down

Mercedes  Brake recall  Empty Re: Mercedes Brake recall

Post by PLOUGHLIN Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:36 am

That is a USA recall, may not affect European built Sprinters.

You can check your vehicle for outstanding recalls here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:30 am

Hi Peter
     I think you may be incorrect, technically my sprinter is an import as the motorhome was made in Germany, it gets very complicated with different specifications, it is always best to check in my view I have rung Rosset's of Aldershot this morning and they are checking availability of parts. Mercedes are doing it as a phased recall because of a shortage of calipers Your DVLA link says contact Mercedes
Regards Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:06 am

Not sure how my reply is wrong. It is an American recall reference. US Sprinters are made in USA. The DVLA link shows recalls for Sprinters and as you say for latest model refers you to MB, for affected model recall.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:04 pm

Hi
   I think we have two threads, When I rung Rosset's commercials,they said they were going to check stock of calipers indicating to me that it was a UK recall, when I put my Reg into the DVLA site it did not indicate that there were any recalls but advised me to check with Mercedes Benz, and by the way Rosset's still have not got back to me
 Regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:32 am

Hi Everyone
            Just to confirm I have contacted Rosset's Commercials of Aldershot again this morning and there is a definite recall on my Sprinter for the rear calipers, I far as I can tell  from Rosset's Mercedes have no stock of the replacements after all with 9000 vehicles affected they only need 18000 calipers hope this helps If you are affected I would get on the waiting list
regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Boggie Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:57 pm

Hi all,
We got a letter from the DVLA a week ago informing us of a recall on our 2019 Bourton. Although this was only for a correction to the user manual regarding use of the electronic parking brake, when I contacted Mercedes Commercial they advised that there were several recall notices pending. It went in yesterday to North Side Mercedes in Doncaster and they have done the following work.
1 Remove the Front wheel arch liners and “adjust “ them to ensure they do not contact /chafe on the brake flexible hoses. Inspect the hoses and replace if necessary. (Mine were ok).
2 Under the bonnet, inspect the brake lines to ensure they are fully bracketed and not rattling
3 Check the condition of the rear brake hoses for signs and bleed the rear brakes.
4 Update the vehicle’s operating software and infotainment software.
Even of you haven’t had a letter from the DVLA it is worth contacting a Mercedes Commercial centre with your VIN number and ask if there are any outstanding recalls. 
Cheers,
Boggie.
Boggie
Boggie

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:23 pm

Hi Boggie
     Thanks for all that, I have had the Front wheel arch liners checked and mine were also ok but did not know of any of the others,I do remember vaguely about a correction in the manual but I did not think it was for the electric parking brake. I insisted that a software down load was done on my MB as part of it's PDI as my vehicle was probably built at least 9 months before it was registered
regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:43 am

Hi MB owners
          Just to let you know my Mercedes went into Rossett's Mercedes Benz this morning to have new rear brake calipers fitted as part of the recall, I checked no recalls were outstanding for my vehicle, impressed with the service
regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Back to top Go down