The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confused of Essex

4 posters

Go down

Confused of Essex Empty Confused of Essex

Post by Guest Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:52 pm

We are expecting a parcel on next day delivery via DHL

It hasn't arrived so I check on their Parcel Site with the consignment number

The flowchart at the top of the page reports it is at their "sortstation facility"

Beneath that the table reports it is delayed

Underneath that "We are sorry but we don't have your consignment from the sender yet"

How can it be at the sortstation facility if they don't have it confused3
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Confused of Essex Empty Re: Confused of Essex

Post by Dave 418 Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:35 pm

Can’t help with you’re parcel problems but I got a text to say Hermise were delivering a package between 11 & 1. Later this morning I got another text from Hermise to say they were delivering a package between 12 & 2. 
The girl that delivered the first package at 11 didn’t know anything about the second one. A guy turned up at 12 with the other package. I mentioned the first package and he said I wasn’t in his area so I was lucky to get the second one.
The couriers have had a god time during the crisis so they should be able to get there act together by now. shrugg
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by steamdrivenandy Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:54 pm

I had a Hermes delivery that they picked up in Hatfield, Herts and tracking said it had gone to Basildon, Essex for delivery. That's 70 miles in the totally opposite direction to us, as we're 150 miles north west of Hatfield. That put paid to 1 day delivery.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:58 pm

We had two from M&S via Hermes. Both arrived within the notified time slot, however the text telling us when that would be arrived after the delivery.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:34 pm

We always get same guy from Hermes, can't remember  his name but the text tells me he likes cinema and cooking as if that matters to me. Always get text that it will be between 12 and 2 and it always is.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:22 pm

Hermes have a pretty rubbish reputation, I have never used them myself only had deliveries via them.

I do wonder if the parcels system for all these companies is just a little overstretched at the moment. We sent a parcel to Canada a couple of weeks ago, UPS. It went to Heathrow where it was rejected because the customs forms were not typed (that's a new one on me) and the items although specified and listed did not show the country of manufacture. Seems EU was not acceptable it had to be the actual country.

After a delay the parcel left and tracking went straight to Toronto on its way to Vancouver. Inexplicably from there it went to Chicago (USA) where it was rejected again by customs because the forms were incorrect and a duty was charged! It then went back to Vancouver where it was again held in customs and import duties imposed. Why it went to the USA where a duty was imposed when it was already in Canada goodness knows.

The recipient had to pay all the duties, wow, whatever was in the package to cause all that!

Our grand daughters birthday present of a dress and a cheap necklace plus four Easter eggs for the other grandchildren. Customs charged nearly 75% of the value of the parcel which was less than £50 to begin with scratch head

Queried it with UPS, " Nothing to do with us, the recipient will have to contact customs directly" Great help and service.

Have sent hundreds of parcels and never had a problem like this before!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:24 pm

Sister in law in Brisbane sent us a package for Christmas. Thinking  it would be a good idea to put it all in one package. We had to go to,the parcel centre to pick it up. Because the value was more than fifty Australian dollars we had to pay £30 import tax.
It was five horrible calendars with pictures of Australian birds. Management said she wished she hadn’t paid the tax and sent them back.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down