The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bourton Fridge

+7
Cath Dawson
Peter Brown
PMC
Tinwheeler
marconi
PLOUGHLIN
Lainie
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bourton Fridge  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bourton Fridge

Post by Tinwheeler Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:23 pm

Cath Dawson wrote:
On our Bourton (2020) we took out the salad drawer in order to use the wine/milk shelf at the lowest level!  Any salad/Vegetable stuff is usually in paper/polythene bags loose at the bottom of the fridge.  Occasionally some "squashing" of veg occurs .....
Cath Dawson

You've chosen the remove salad drawer option and we chose the raise the bottle shelf option as I described earlier. It's what suits the individual best. up!
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

inspiredron and rgermain like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:24 pm

Duplicate post deleted.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lainie Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:18 pm

Thank you all for your really useful comments I am relieved to know I am not going mad or missing something. In my view it does appear to be a bit of a design fault not to be able to use the salad drawer and the bottom door shelf at the same time. I have never experienced this situation before in any fridge I have come across. The small fridge has been a compromise for us having had a large fridge freezer previously and always filled it! So I think I will be taking the usable dimensions of the possible salad space when using the bottom door shelf and looking for a storage container that will fit it so things at least can be stored there. A door shelf must live at the door base for us as the Prosecco has to live in the fridge. Oh and the milk of course! 
Thank you everyone for your helpful comments. We are new to AS as a manufacturer so finding this friendly helpful page has been a godsend.
I have a feeling this won’t be my last shout for help. 🙊😂
Best wishes to all. blush
Lainie
Lainie

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton

Tinwheeler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:36 pm

Really sorry to hear about your perceived storage problem. We have a Thetford fridge which also has the "flexibility" locators at the bottom of the door to accommodate the bottle shelf but it has never even occurred to us as  a sensible option. But we only have two door shelves anyway and not 3. We keep bottles on the bottom shelf which is positioned to allow full use of our oh oh so valuable salad bin (which stops the lettuce and cucumber from freezing) and the upper shelf is above that and takes small jars etc. Yes, we'd like a tall fridge but in our van that is just not possible. But our life Thetford is a tardis and serves us very well. To reassure you, we have NEVER had a bottle jump off that shelf, not even a small salad dressing sat between the wine and the fruit juice or the smoked salmon from behind the bottle necks.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by lcparker Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:12 am

Have you tried putting the salad box i the other way round?  I usually put ours in the wrong way round first!  😕

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES LP
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:27 am

Its a bad design on the fridge used with the 2020 Bourton. Ours is the same so to make practical use you have to loose one.
We've also had a problem where we couldnt switch the fridge off after use. Infact weve had lots of issues with our Bourton.
Dealer has had it for many weeks of its life and its been living at the factory for over 3 months being sorted out.
When it does come back it will be to the 2021 spec.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lainie Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Update!
I have taken out the salad tray that came with the fridge and purchased a fridge container from B&M for £1.99. It’s slightly narrower than the space but will hold some salad or fruit safely. blush
Lainie
Lainie

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton

inspiredron, PLOUGHLIN and gemdeco like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:54 pm

Hi
     Is it not possible to get the salad tray from the earlier fridge layout. I would be nagging the dealer to supply a different salad draw and not listening to excuses
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:03 pm

Hi
  A lot more expensive than your solution but partsmaster sell a salad draw for a Dometic Fidge at about £36.00
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:28 pm

The root of all the it's is in. compromise. The £1.99 narrow box is one solution. Another solution is to remove one door shelf and risk what Chris calls flying bottles. The issue is that the back of the fridge has a step chased by the need to accommodate the rear wheel arch. I certainly prefer a bigger salad drawer and to lift the bottle shelf out of its way which is what is intended. The OP is lucky to have the extra door shelf in case he removes the salad drawer (and also the option to turn ice or into cool shelf space). But would we all want to pay more for our vans to have multiple options in the fridge?

Last edited by inspiredron on Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Revamped after realising that I'd already posted above.)

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:49 am

Tinwheeler wrote:You cannot use the bottle shelf in the very bottom position with the salad drawer in place. 

Here's mine and you will see that I have placed the bottle shelf in the middle position and removed the middle door shelf to allow height for tall bottles.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
That's the way to do it, simple solution, no brainer. Works for us in last 5 years.
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

inspiredron and Tinwheeler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:29 am

Not exacty a "no brainer" when your solution is to remove the middle draw that many will still want. Its a case of manufactures not thinking about designs fully in real usage situations.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:55 pm

kandjking wrote:Not exacty a "no brainer" when your solution is to remove the middle draw that many will still want. Its a case of manufactures not thinking about designs fully in real usage situations.

With all 3 door shelves in place, there is insufficient height for a milk bottle so it is indeed a 'no brainer' to remove a shelf, irrespective of the salad drawer issue.up!
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

inspiredron and rgermain like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:16 pm

kandjking wrote:Not exacty a "no brainer" when your solution is to remove the middle draw that many will still want. Its a case of manufactures not thinking about designs fully in real usage situations.
Sorry cannot agree.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

inspiredron and Tinwheeler like this post