The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rienza (other models?)Spare Wheel Winch

3 posters

Go down

Rienza (other models?)Spare Wheel Winch Empty Rienza (other models?)Spare Wheel Winch

Post by Boots Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:14 pm

Hi All,

The next lockdown job on the Transit based Rienza was to ensure the spare wheel winch etc is in working order.

So got the long folding jack bar/handle that also has a fold out bit that fits into the slot of the winch to lower/raise the spare wheel.

Unscrewed the access cap in the centre of the vans plastic rear bumper and placed the fold out 'pointy bit' (mechanic description!) into the access hole to slide it into the winch slot, simples!

Well it would have been if the 'C' shaped bit that hooks onto the jack screw mechanism would fit through the hole scratch head 

I guess that this 'may' be a Transit problem but then, maybe not think_smiley_46

So chopped off the 'pointy bit' from the jack handle, fitted it into an old socket, one long, one short extension bar and an old ratchet handle and 'jobs a gud n'.

May be worth checking the spare wheel and its 'bits' are all in working order for use when needed by yourself or a rescue service smile!

Cheers,

Boots
Boots
Boots

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Molly3 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Rienza (other models?)Spare Wheel Winch Empty Re: Rienza (other models?)Spare Wheel Winch

Post by shipbadger Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:12 am

I have a Hampshire which is the Marquis special version of the Rienza.  AS supplied it with a Rienza handbook with a message written on masking tape on the outside to say that as there was no Hampshire handbook they supplied one for the Rienza.  The handbook tells you that the hole for the winding handle is in the backbumper.  First problem was trying to find the hole for the winding handle.  Now I have a towbar fitted which could cause access problems but there is no evidence that the handle has ever been fitted from the rear.  The access is from the side with a hole through the side skirt.  Poor design somewhere though as it means in the UK if you have a puncture and want the spare you are out in the road with your back to the traffic whilst you wind it up or down.  Oh, the other thing is that the end of the winder is square.

Tony Comber

Last edited by shipbadger on Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added last sentence)
shipbadger
shipbadger
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Rienza (other models?)Spare Wheel Winch Empty Re: Rienza (other models?)Spare Wheel Winch

Post by BobK Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:34 am

During ownership, I think I accessed the spare wheel twice, once for maintenance and once for a puncture.    I don't recall any difficulty getting the jack handle through the rear skirt, though I can't recall if it was a "C" hook or a square end.    However, Once when I made enquiries about having a tow bar fitted, I was told that the spare wheel would need to be shifted..... probably what happened to yours, Tony.
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Autosleepless!!

Back to top Go down