The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peterborough & Newbury shows

3 posters

Go down

Peterborough & Newbury shows Empty Peterborough & Newbury shows

Post by Paulmold Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:49 pm

both shows rescheduled.?..Peterborough & Newbury shows Fb_img27

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Peterborough & Newbury shows Empty Re: Peterborough & Newbury shows

Post by Traficlady Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:17 am

I’m determined to go to Peterborough this year, I still want to see Suzi Quattro - assuming she’s got the new dates free! 

Nora

Female

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:25 pm

Anyone thinking of just turning up this year.........

"The National Motorhome & Campervan Show - UPDATE!

We currently only have 50 pitches left for our show in Peterborough. If you are planning on coming and camping with us for the weekend please book as soon as possible.

There will be no non-booked camping available at this show.

The National Motorhome & Campervan Show 11-13 June 2021
To book:👇
www.showgoer.co.uk"

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:11 pm

After Warner's cancelled our 2020 booking they sent us free a windscreen booking sheet for next week's Peterborough show, so we are after all going. It's an opportunity to also visit my sister in Norfolk the day before, as we have done in the past. Considering how few nights away we've had since buying our 2019 van that weren't related to getting sorted out our van's shortcomings, the crap crap EC700, stiff bathroom tap, not sorted once by dealer, eventually sorted and replaced by A-S in Willersey, damp in the floor because of an inadequately A-S sealed upper fridge vent; we might just possibly start enjoying owning our Kemerton XL. Forgive me here, I'm not sure if I've added enough "craps" about my opinion of Sargent's EC700 system and A-S outsourcing responsibility to Sargent.

If you are going to the Peterborough Show, there's no ASOC enclosure, after nobody stepped forward to replace the Sterling work and devotion that Pauline and Neil had previously volunteered to provide.

I'll have a flag up on a modest length fishing pole, probably a long black streamer, it helps us to find our van when I get lost finding my way home. Come and say hello if you see us. If I'm flying a small kite or a Red Baron triplane then there's "trouble at mill".
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:56 pm

We did after all attend the Peterborough show, they sent us an admission permit transferred from last year, when because of Covid the shows were cancelled. Another plus point was that I could beforehand visit my sister in Norfolk whom I haven't seen in 2 years.

We'd mostly seen enough by the Friday with just a brief visit on Saturday morning when I went back just to buy some tools that I'd seen, (and have already used now I'm back at home).

Overall somewhat disappointing because of there being far fewer exhibitors having their stalls. Though no ASOC presence we did chat to a couple of A-S owners which I did enjoy and learnt from. Deciding to moving on, I viewed it as 50:50 whether we could be able to go on to book a CAMC site for Saturday night. I wasn't certain if I could remember my new more secure password for the CAMC website, but fortunately I did and we booked for Clumber Park.

Considering the noise at night on the Peterborough site from the traffic on the A1, the quiet at Clumber Park was delightful.

Anyway, we went away camping for our own pleasure, and amazingly it wasn't necessitated by our need to visit our dealer, or A-S in Willersy to have things in our van sorted out, like the EC700 panel (we are on our third), or issues with the stiff bathroom tap (back to dealer x2 then Willersey and back to Willersey), or the damp caused by a poorly installed upper fridge vent, ( Willersey then Willersey back again).

What I did appreciate when away was I need to attend to any shortcomings in the ergonomics associated with where we store stuff. Back home now I've moved things around, if I want A, I don't want to keep having to move B before I can get to A.

Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down