The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyre Pressures

2 posters

Go down

Tyre Pressures Empty Tyre Pressures

Post by streetglider Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:16 am

I've been following the debate on tyre pressures with a mixture of interest and dismay. It seems we've hit a wall with a solution so my question is, is it possible to disconnect the factory fitted system and fit an after market one - like Tyrepro perhaps ?

Don scratch head
streetglider
streetglider
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Tyre Pressures Empty Re: Tyre Pressures

Post by gpilky Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:44 pm

I assume you have seen the other post and the solution to adjust the pressures via the OBD port? I have tried this and it does work. I'm not sure if you could turn the TPM off (as I did't look for that option) but you could set it very low if you wanted to use a Tyrepal.

However, if the TPM is still active, and the battery runs out in the wheel pressure sensor, the TPM on the vehicle may register a fault with the TPM. I believe the earlier posts concluded that this would likely lead to an MOT failure.

I originally thought the same as you but unfortunately you cannot 'disconnect' the TPM as it is software logic built into the onboard computers. Best you could hope for is to be able to deactivate it via the OBD port. However, I concluded if I was going to the trouble to get it reprogrammed in any way, I might as well lower the pressures in the TPM and save the added expense of the Tyrepal
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB

Back to top Go down

Tyre Pressures Empty Re: Tyre Pressures

Post by streetglider Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:34 pm

Thanks gpilky, that answers the question - now to look at the OBD port. Here goes !!
Don
streetglider
streetglider
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down