The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burford Duo 2020 Low Vehicle Battery problem

Go down

Burford Duo 2020 Low Vehicle Battery problem Empty Burford Duo 2020 Low Vehicle Battery problem

Post by Jocktaff on Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:12 am

Hi, our Burford Duo is only a couple of weeks old. The low vehicle battery warning randomly activates both while using ehu  and when using leisure. The control panel indicates high charge and level is Green. The warning deactivates the door locks. Has anyone else had this problem? Many thanks
Jocktaff
Jocktaff
New Member
New Member

Male

Posts : 1
Joined : 2020-09-01
Location : Glasgow
Auto-Sleeper : Burford Duo
Vehicle Year : 2020

redcar56 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Burford Duo 2020 Low Vehicle Battery problem Empty Re: Burford Duo 2020 Low Vehicle Battery problem

Post by harrysp on Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Someone with a Merc based van will be along soon to discuss your problem, meanwhile the above may be relevant.

_________________
Regards

Harry
harrysp
harrysp
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 598
Joined : 2016-01-13
Member Age : 67
Location : Lancs
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Burford Duo 2020 Low Vehicle Battery problem Empty Re: Burford Duo 2020 Low Vehicle Battery problem

Post by Kemerton-bath on Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:46 pm

Sounds like an EC700 panel issue, one of many reported on here, particularly on Mercedes vans where there have been interface problems with the base vehicle electronics.  For example this thread:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I’m sure someone will be along soon with direct experience but if not I recommend you give Sargent a call in the morning.  Despite introducing a nightmare of a control panel that AS have fitted in their 2019 and 2020 vans, Sargent’s Tech Help guys are very helpful.

Good luck!

Tim

_________________
Previously symbol-bath

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 433
Joined : 2013-01-06
Member Age : 61
Location : Bath
Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Burford Duo 2020 Low Vehicle Battery problem Empty Re: Burford Duo 2020 Low Vehicle Battery problem

Post by IanH on Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:06 pm

I'd go back to dealer at 2 weeks old, you may easily invoke a warranty issue with the inevitable fiddling anything Sargent seems to need.
IanH
IanH
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 553
Joined : 2020-05-04
Location : NORTH WALSHAM
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Burford Duo 2020 Low Vehicle Battery problem Empty Re: Burford Duo 2020 Low Vehicle Battery problem

Post by Diggins on Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:09 pm

Hi, Just wondering how you are getting on with the Burford? We are planning to buy second hand soon.
Diggins
Diggins
New Member
New Member

Female

Posts : 4
Joined : 2020-07-12
Location : Highland
Auto-Sleeper : Burford Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Burford Duo 2020 Low Vehicle Battery problem Empty Re: Burford Duo 2020 Low Vehicle Battery problem

Post by RCBirmingham on Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:58 pm

I have a brand new Broadway 2020 model, had the control panel replaced within 2 weeks of ownership, now I have a low battery warning on the vehicle battery showing 0v, but the van starts every time, then we found out that the leisure batts were not being charged from the engine.. when we were away in scotland, so lost all lighting, heating, no water pump. We ended up going to a site for 24 hours to charge up the leisure batteries to enable us to continue with our holiday.
Not impressed at all to be honest
RCBirmingham
RCBirmingham
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 11
Joined : 2020-06-14
Location : Redditch
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Burford Duo 2020 Low Vehicle Battery problem Empty Re: Burford Duo 2020 Low Vehicle Battery problem

Post by GordonO on Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:43 pm

Diggins wrote:Hi, Just wondering how you are getting on with the Burford? We are planning to buy second hand soon.
Diggins, I have a 2017 Burford Duo, with the EC500 Sargent system, I have not had any of the issues the later Sargent control panels have, although I believe they have more 'features'.  Love the van, Great auto box, plenty of power for hills and handles like it's smaller than it is! Just got to remember the overhang at times.
GordonO
GordonO
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 55
Joined : 2019-09-15
Location : Durham
Auto-Sleeper : Burford Duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Diggins likes this post

Back to top Go down

Burford Duo 2020 Low Vehicle Battery problem Empty Re: Burford Duo 2020 Low Vehicle Battery problem

Post by Diggins on Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:08 pm

GordonO wrote:
Diggins wrote:Hi, Just wondering how you are getting on with the Burford? We are planning to buy second hand soon.
Diggins, I have a 2017 Burford Duo, with the EC500 Sargent system, I have not had any of the issues the later Sargent control panels have, although I believe they have more 'features'.  Love the van, Great auto box, plenty of power for hills and handles like it's smaller than it is! Just got to remember the overhang at times.
Hi, thanks for reply. Yes it seems the newer ones have suffered the issues you mention. We are looking for one around your age ideally. Met a couple with a 15 plate one the other day and they were giving it plenty praise. Yes the Mercedes automatic gearbox is the reason hubby wants this version as opposed to the Peugeot Corinium. Regards Diggins
Diggins
Diggins
New Member
New Member

Female

Posts : 4
Joined : 2020-07-12
Location : Highland
Auto-Sleeper : Burford Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

GordonO likes this post

Back to top Go down

Burford Duo 2020 Low Vehicle Battery problem Empty Re: Burford Duo 2020 Low Vehicle Battery problem

Post by GordonO on Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:52 pm

Diggins wrote:
GordonO wrote:
Diggins wrote:Hi, Just wondering how you are getting on with the Burford? We are planning to buy second hand soon.
Diggins, I have a 2017 Burford Duo, with the EC500 Sargent system, I have not had any of the issues the later Sargent control panels have, although I believe they have more 'features'.  Love the van, Great auto box, plenty of power for hills and handles like it's smaller than it is! Just got to remember the overhang at times.
Hi, thanks for reply. Yes it seems the newer ones have suffered the issues you mention. We are looking for one around your age ideally. Met a couple with a 15 plate one the other day and they were giving it plenty praise. Yes the Mercedes automatic gearbox is the reason hubby wants this version as opposed to the Peugeot Corinium. Regards Diggins
This week I was away for a few days and visited a weigh bridge. 3/4 tank derv, 1/2 water, full lpg, & usual stuff for 2, who were both onboard = 3960kg. Fortunately it's been upgraded (SV Tech) so it was not overweight but the standard 3880max is easy to reach. Just for your info as I have heard this is not uncommon. Regards
GordonO
GordonO
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 55
Joined : 2019-09-15
Location : Durham
Auto-Sleeper : Burford Duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Diggins likes this post

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum