The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burford Duo 2020 Low Vehicle Battery problem

+2
harrysp
Jocktaff
6 posters

Go down

Burford Duo 2020 Low Vehicle Battery problem Empty Burford Duo 2020 Low Vehicle Battery problem

Post by Jocktaff Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:12 am

Hi, our Burford Duo is only a couple of weeks old. The low vehicle battery warning randomly activates both while using ehu  and when using leisure. The control panel indicates high charge and level is Green. The warning deactivates the door locks. Has anyone else had this problem? Many thanks
Jocktaff
Jocktaff

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Burford Duo
Vehicle Year : 2020

redcar56 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Burford Duo 2020 Low Vehicle Battery problem Empty Re: Burford Duo 2020 Low Vehicle Battery problem

Post by harrysp Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Someone with a Merc based van will be along soon to discuss your problem, meanwhile the above may be relevant.

Harry
harrysp
harrysp
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Former Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Burford Duo 2020 Low Vehicle Battery problem Empty Re: Burford Duo 2020 Low Vehicle Battery problem

Post by Kemerton-bath Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:46 pm

Sounds like an EC700 panel issue, one of many reported on here, particularly on Mercedes vans where there have been interface problems with the base vehicle electronics.  For example this thread:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I’m sure someone will be along soon with direct experience but if not I recommend you give Sargent a call in the morning.  Despite introducing a nightmare of a control panel that AS have fitted in their 2019 and 2020 vans, Sargent’s Tech Help guys are very helpful.

Good luck!

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL (Fiat)

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:06 pm

I'd go back to dealer at 2 weeks old, you may easily invoke a warranty issue with the inevitable fiddling anything Sargent seems to need.
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggins Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:09 pm

Hi, Just wondering how you are getting on with the Burford? We are planning to buy second hand soon.
Diggins
Diggins

Female

Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by RCBirmingham Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:58 pm

I have a brand new Broadway 2020 model, had the control panel replaced within 2 weeks of ownership, now I have a low battery warning on the vehicle battery showing 0v, but the van starts every time, then we found out that the leisure batts were not being charged from the engine.. when we were away in scotland, so lost all lighting, heating, no water pump. We ended up going to a site for 24 hours to charge up the leisure batteries to enable us to continue with our holiday.
Not impressed at all to be honest
RCBirmingham
RCBirmingham

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:43 pm

Diggins wrote:Hi, Just wondering how you are getting on with the Burford? We are planning to buy second hand soon.
Diggins, I have a 2017 Burford Duo, with the EC500 Sargent system, I have not had any of the issues the later Sargent control panels have, although I believe they have more 'features'.  Love the van, Great auto box, plenty of power for hills and handles like it's smaller than it is! Just got to remember the overhang at times.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggins Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:08 pm

GordonO wrote:
Diggins wrote:Hi, Just wondering how you are getting on with the Burford? We are planning to buy second hand soon.
Diggins, I have a 2017 Burford Duo, with the EC500 Sargent system, I have not had any of the issues the later Sargent control panels have, although I believe they have more 'features'.  Love the van, Great auto box, plenty of power for hills and handles like it's smaller than it is! Just got to remember the overhang at times.
Hi, thanks for reply. Yes it seems the newer ones have suffered the issues you mention. We are looking for one around your age ideally. Met a couple with a 15 plate one the other day and they were giving it plenty praise. Yes the Mercedes automatic gearbox is the reason hubby wants this version as opposed to the Peugeot Corinium. Regards Diggins
Diggins
Diggins

Female

Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:52 pm

Diggins wrote:
GordonO wrote:
Hi, thanks for reply. Yes it seems the newer ones have suffered the issues you mention. We are looking for one around your age ideally. Met a couple with a 15 plate one the other day and they were giving it plenty praise. Yes the Mercedes automatic gearbox is the reason hubby wants this version as opposed to the Peugeot Corinium. Regards Diggins
This week I was away for a few days and visited a weigh bridge. 3/4 tank derv, 1/2 water, full lpg, & usual stuff for 2, who were both onboard = 3960kg. Fortunately it's been upgraded (SV Tech) so it was not overweight but the standard 3880max is easy to reach. Just for your info as I have heard this is not uncommon. Regards
Anonymous

Back to top Go down