The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deisel heater

2 posters

Go down

Deisel  heater Empty Deisel heater

Post by roan Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:36 am

My Symbol has allways had problems with startup, and even with twin batteries in good condition. I have recently had it checked by a local auto electrian and was informed it was suffering from low voltage at the heater under load at startup and so they rewired the heater back to the battery and the twin battery connecting cables with heavy duty cable and fuses to match the load . Since this has been done it i think this has cured the problem,i shall only know when we use it in realy cold weather when battery peformance is at its lowest. Will let you know in the future.
roan
roan

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Deisel  heater Empty Diesel Heater

Post by roan Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:16 am

The Diesel heater started up on the cold mornings at the Stourport rally with no trouble ,which means that the original wiring was just not heavy enough and was causing a voltage drop. If anyone else is having the same trouble this should cure the problem

Last edited by Admin on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : post moved from the introduction section - PLEASE POST IN THE APPROPRIATE SECTION)
roan
roan

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Deisel  heater Empty Re: Deisel heater

Post by plattypus Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:41 pm

Thanks for that roan, Havn't had any problems yet, but very handy to have that information. That's what this forum is all about.
Many thanks up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 2006 Symbol ES

Back to top Go down