The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver screen for Nuevo

+5
CC
Paulmold
orian
Tony F
happyhelen
9 posters

Go down

Silver screen for Nuevo Empty Silver screen for Nuevo

Post by happyhelen Tue May 29, 2012 8:41 pm

Need to get a silver screen of some sort. Any advice on whether to go for an internal or external and where to get one from please?

Thanks HH
happyhelen
happyhelen

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo

Back to top Go down

Silver screen for Nuevo Empty Re: Silver screen for Nuevo

Post by Tony F Tue May 29, 2012 10:16 pm

Personally I like the external screens; they virtually eliminate condensation. Yes they are a bit of a pain when wet, and there are those who find fitting them too much of a faff, but the difference they make in terms of insulation is soooo worth it for us. Best accessory we've bought (used, from Silver Screens - see their website for details).

Tony

Last edited by Tony F on Tue May 29, 2012 10:18 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : missed a bit!)
Tony F
Tony F

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Windsor on Mk 6

Back to top Go down

Post by orian Tue May 29, 2012 10:21 pm

I would echo Tony's comment and add that we store ours in the shower when travelling and if it is wet the water drains away. up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed May 30, 2012 7:03 am

I also echo Bob and Tonys' comments. Started with internals but fitting inside isn't as easy as it appears, condensation is bad and you have to wipe down the windows before you can drive off. Bought a cheap , one-piece external, easy to fit, no condensation so sold both the internal and the cheap external and bought (secondhand) a top quality, three piece external, easy to fit, can fold down centre to let in light and as said, chuck it in the washroom if wet.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed May 30, 2012 8:46 pm

I agree with the above comments... forget internal covers, go for a good quality external set by Silver Screens or Taylormade... Taylor Made you can buy at the motorhome shows but I found the old boy on the stall a miserable old censored! when I went to his stand at P'boro to buy some additional magnets, he threw the magnets on the counter and was most unfriendly needless to say I wasn't bowled over by him and emails to them a while back also went unanswered rolleyes but have to say the covers are very good... as someone else said apart from our Duvalays our screen cover is the best thing we have purchased so far, you can throw them on in 5 mins and remove them quicker, we keep ours in our wet locker... wouldn't be without a set, essential motorhome gear!!

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Thu May 31, 2012 8:56 am

Is your Nuevo Boxer or X250 based (age?) If its a Boxer I think I may be able to put you onto a good s/h one, reasonable price
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by hillwalker Thu May 31, 2012 10:04 am

Hi Roli,

if your offer of a s/h set is not taken up by HH I would be interested in more info
mine is a 2005 Nuevo on a Boxer base

cheers

"H"

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Thu May 31, 2012 10:50 am

Hillwalker, you would be ideal as its just down the road from you at Rhyl, will contact my mate to see if its still there
He is out at moment, but left a message for him to phone me later
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grasscutter Thu May 31, 2012 7:47 pm

I agree wholeheartedly re the greater benefit of externals particularly so far as condensation is concerned. In my experience they are also more effective at keeping heat out than internals. You can just about see our screens on my Avatar as we were parked in East Germany in 30' when I took the pic. When we bought ours from Taylormade the long skirted version to cover the bonnet was still in development, I never found out if it was ever produced. One point to consider is durability. Externals take a hell of a caning if used permanently and ours are losing the silvering at most seams after 4 years. Our Silverscreens internals in our Duetto on the other hand were as good as new after nearly ten years. G
grasscutter
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : sigma

Back to top Go down

Silver screen for Nuevo Empty Re-Silver screens for Nuevo

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu May 31, 2012 7:59 pm

grasscutter wrote:I agree wholeheartedly re the greater benefit of externals particularly so far as condensation is concerned. In my experience they are also more effective at keeping heat out than internals. You can just about see our screens on my Avatar as we were parked in East Germany in 30' when I took the pic. When we bought ours from Taylormade the long skirted version to cover the bonnet was still in development, I never found out if it was ever produced. One point to consider is durability. Externals take a hell of a caning if used permanently and ours are losing the silvering at most seams after 4 years. Our Silverscreens internals in our Duetto on the other hand were as good as new after nearly ten years. G
Hi Grasscutter
We have the longer type of screens for the X250, they have survived 3 winters, I keep them on when parked up outside. loosing abit of the silver colour and the elastic straps holding the front down have stretched to there limit, but still holding on. Good product up!
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Thu May 31, 2012 8:17 pm

The Boxer Silver Screen has now been sold but he still has a Solar / Privacy Screen £20 he is in Rhyl
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down