The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trackers

3 posters

Go down

Trackers Empty Trackers

Post by Snowy59 Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:30 pm

Hi all hope you are all well.
Apologies if this is a bit of a silly question.
Looking for some information on vehicle tracking system.
Thinking of installing a HAL3000 into our moho, has anyone got one installed? Would you recommended one if not why not if not what reccommendation type and model you would recommend. tia kind regards Snowy59
Snowy59
Snowy59

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Burford Duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Trackers Empty Re: Trackers

Post by Greyhound Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:38 pm

I have the HAL on mine (came pre-fitted by the factory) and have been using it the last 3 years.

I like it and extended the subscription out another 2 years.  Controlled though simple text messages to turn off/locate and a few times I've forgotten to disarm it you get a text reminder and then a phone call to check it's you driving.

There's alternate versions of course and I think a few people on here mentioned they didn't get on with the HAL for some reasons, but overall I've no complaints with it - never experienced it (and hope I dont) but I think they interact with the police to locate the vehicle should it go walkies, so you don't have to do anything and can let them get on with trying to get it back.

If your's is a 2017 model (as mine is) it may already have a HAL installed as that was the time AS had a deal with them and fitted them during the installation if I recall (others can correct me if I'm wrong).
Greyhound
Greyhound

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy59 Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:55 pm

Thanks for the swift reply Greyhound if it interacts with the Police it will do for me. Safe travels
Snowy59
Snowy59

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Burford Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerThat Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:44 pm

I disconnected my HAL tracker within a few months.

It drove me absolutely insane.

Half the time I'd forget to send it a text to disarm it.

The other half of the time, when I did remember, they didn't get the text because there was no signal in that area so they proceeded to ring me 101 times as soon as I'd joined the motorway.

Got a Tracker Locate installed, no issues since :)
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum