The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redeeming Club gift vouchers

+2
Cymro
Paulmold
6 posters

Go down

Redeeming Club gift vouchers Empty Redeeming Club gift vouchers

Post by Paulmold Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:01 pm

Quite a few members have bought gift vouchers from CAMC following their special offer. I also have them as presents from both clubs. 
Both clubs require you to pay contactless when you arrive so I asked both clubs how to pay with gift vouchers. The CAMC replied that they are working on a method to redeem vouchers electronically, I no idea how they will do that without a bar code on the vouchers but they say details will follow.
The C&CC though replied that you have to redeem them by sending to their HQ at least 10 days before your arrival and they will deduct them from your balance , then any balance will be deducted direct from your bank on the morning of your arrival.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Redeeming Club gift vouchers Empty Re: Redeeming Club gift vouchers

Post by Cymro Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:03 pm

Oh that's most interesting, Paul. Thanks.  The challenge, presumably, is to deal with the vouchers without the wardens having to touch them?

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:11 pm

First class post is taking over a week to reach me at the moment.....!

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:34 pm

Makes you wonder how my village shop keeper has managed to deal with cash payments for the last 14 weeks without killing himself.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:33 am

Thanks Paul. We have some C&CC ones that we intend to use at 3 sites in September.

Presumably any vouchers sent back to C&CC would, to be on the safe side, require proof of postage at the least- ie have to be done via a visit to a PO- and that staff at HQ will have to remove the vouchers from the envelope using gloves and tongs (!) as they have been handled by the original receipient and throughout the postal system. It all sounds a bit long-winded and clunky.

Lets hope that, by September, there is an easier method. Since C&CC know that we have x pounds worth of vouchers I wonder why they can't simply deduct the vouchers electronically from our stash which is recorded on their database.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:58 am

I get vouchers for presents so the club's won't know how many I have on their database if indeed they keep such information.
I emailed the C&CC yesterday regarding vouchers that I have that have already expired during lockdown and others which have only 3 or 4 months until expiry. I asked if I needed to return them for re-issue or whether they will be extended automatically. I got reply this morning asking me to hold on to them for the time being. They will probably simply be accepted for whatever period they will extend them for rather than reissue. They said to keep checking the FAQ's on the website for their decision on how to redeem them.

This is the current entry in the FAQ's.....
Are you still accepting vouchers to use on new bookings?
In order to facilitate contactless check-in, if you wish to pay for your stay with a voucher, please post your voucher, together with your booking reservation number, to the address below, at least 10 days before your arrival date:

Membership Operations
The Camping and Caravanning Club,
Greenfields House,
Westwood Way,
Coventry,
CV4 8JH

Your voucher value will be debited from the overall cost of your stay. The balance will be taken by Auto Balance Collect on the morning of your arrival. This means any money due for your stay will be taken automatically from your account (with the voucher value deducted).

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:24 pm

Anyone with the CAMC special deal vouchers (£120 for the price of £100) that bear an expiry date of 31 Dec 2021 might like to note those vouchers will now be accepted until 31 March 2022. A whole extra 3 months, wow!undecided

Vouchers without an expiry date are still open ended up!
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Cymro likes this post

Back to top Go down