The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cummings And Goings

+10
Milvus
Gromit
Mike187
Paulmold
groundhog
rgermain
Dbvwt
Bad Penny
kaspian
Baggiecamper
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cummings And Goings Empty Cummings And Goings

Post by Baggiecamper Sat May 23, 2020 10:39 am

Brilliant timing to post this video about Dominic 😁

https://youtu.be/0na2Y_74_mk

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Cummings And Goings Empty Re: Cummings And Goings

Post by kaspian Sat May 23, 2020 1:33 pm

Makes a mockery of the millions who have abided by the rules laid out by the government and anyone trying to make excuses and defend it are equally guilty of stupidity and arrogance.
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : WARWICK XL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 23, 2020 1:47 pm

I am not a Cummings supporter---far from it but what if you and your wife/partner  were both infected and potentially ill  and had a young child how would you get help to look after your child?

I liked the video.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kaspian Sat May 23, 2020 2:07 pm

If we were both possibly  ill with the virus I would travel 250 miles to get my elderly parents to look after the child??  What if I was involved in an accident or broke down on  route . Does Downing street not provide care /help in such situations with  childcare etc.  Millions have obeyed lockdown rules sometimes at great cost.  Anyone with honour would walk AND be fined! Last thing I will say on the subject but I love the video. hugegrins
kaspian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Baggiecamper Sat May 23, 2020 2:57 pm

kaspian wrote:.............. but I love the video. hugegrins

For those broad-minded ones that liked the video: perhaps you'll like "Dogging":-

Watch "FASCINATING AIDA - Dogging" on YouTube
Hilarious

[size=38]https://youtu.be/MXzaVOk_Ydk[/size]

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny Sat May 23, 2020 3:06 pm

What do you do if suspected of having covid 19?  You drive to your parents house, illegally, does't matter how far and give it to them, while they look after your child.
All your friends in government agree with you, because you made the law, but this law doen't apply to you and you still have a job.

Brilliant

Last edited by Bad Penny on Sat May 23, 2020 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway owner
Vehicle Year : 2014 mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Sat May 23, 2020 3:09 pm

I’m not going to get involved in the Cummings debate but you have to laugh at the paparazzi fighting over the best picture. Social distancing? 
It’s a sewer pit out there and I haven’t even got onto the amount of rubbish from the likes of KFC/McDonalds that I’ve seen today and is strewn everywhere, just thrown from the cars of the invincible youth.
I promised myself I’d stay off the forum today smile!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52782913
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sat May 23, 2020 3:22 pm

Just read on facebook, Aldi in Canterbury have a 2m rule outside and to keep customers 2m apart inside they clipped 2m ropes to each other 6 at a time. Caused some laughter when one of them dived across an aisle and the others got pulled along. hugegrins

As for Cummings, it was only suspected, we will have to take his word on that one.

One rule---------- comes to mind.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by kaspian Sat May 23, 2020 7:03 pm

Baggiecamper, just had another chuckle at your link and noticed the next on the list      priceless! 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mVy7faNKEtM   up! hugegrins
kaspian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sat May 23, 2020 9:01 pm

Also check out "Cheap flights" they are very clever Fascinating Aida
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat May 23, 2020 9:21 pm

New witnesses have come forward to say he was seen again back in Durham after he returned to London so I don't think much to his chances of keeping his job now, press will have a field day!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by kaspian Sat May 23, 2020 9:42 pm

If  true Paul it makes lot of ministers look silly and ' economical with the truth'    ' Hog - cheap flights  - up!
kaspian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat May 23, 2020 9:43 pm

kaspian wrote:If  true Paul it makes lot of ministers look silly and ' economical with the truth'    ' Hog - cheap flights  - up!
The Guardian: New witnesses cast doubt on Dominic Cummings’s lockdown claims.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/23/new-witnesses-cast-doubt-on-dominic-cummingss-lockdown-claims

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike187 Sun May 24, 2020 10:21 am

Would like to know where her parents live. Also aren’t all these volunteers there to help those in isolation.

Or perhaps he couldn’t get a home delivery food slot.

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sun May 24, 2020 10:43 am

If we are to believe he stayed in a house on his father's estate, and his only contact with relatives was when they left supplies on the doorstep, why couldn't he get someone to leave supplies on his London doorstep!!!!

That seems the crucial flaw in his hastily contrived excuse. 

How gullible do they think the public are?? He went to visit his relatives - simple as that. (In flagrant contravention of the very clear directive in force at that time.)

The "very serious concern" about the kid is an utterly unconvincing smokescreen!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Milvus Sun May 24, 2020 11:06 am

For a considerable time now, many people have made great sacrifices and tragically many many people have lost their lives. It’s a truly awful situation. What has prevented this situation getting any worse than it already has, is the manner in which people in the main have stuck with the messaging. They have stuck with it through some seriously difficult times. Trying as best I can, to leave politics out if it. This example, of what this person has done, has cut to the very core of human decency. And now, for no other reason, than the position he holds in government. Every excuse and every hair splitting attempt of the core message, is being wheeled out to protect him. It is the worse example of one rule for one, and one rule for another, you could ever see. I think that unless the government get rid of him, they are going to seriously undermine an already shaky confidence that the public have in them. If they lose that, we are in big trouble.

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Sun May 24, 2020 11:07 am

Is there any way of muting/hiding this thread on my forum new/unread threads list?
I come on here to get away from politics.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun May 24, 2020 11:15 am

rogerblack wrote:Is there any way of muting/hiding this thread on my forum new/unread threads list?
No but you know the heading so just don't read it.
I got fed up of reading EC500 and EC700 threads so I simply don't read them. I don't have either system so have little interest in them.
I used to read every single post (especially when a mod) but now ignore a lot, it takes some self-discipline but gets easier.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kaspian Sun May 24, 2020 11:25 am

Unfortunately Roger that is just what the spin doctors are hoping just now! Sit tight , tough it out , keep quiet and Joe public will soon forget and turn attention to important things like restarting 
 football or opening their favourite pub. Paul, was there some topic about control panels that I missed?  hugegrins
kaspian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sun May 24, 2020 12:16 pm

rogerblack wrote:Is there any way of muting/hiding this thread on my forum new/unread threads list?
It's not entirely political though Roger, although I agree with your sentiments.

It's the exact parallel to the Scottish Chief Medical Officer, who was not strictly a political figure.

It's about someone (anyone) in any position of power believing there's one rule for them and another for the peasants.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Sun May 24, 2020 12:23 pm

I am perfectly happy to involve myself in discussions about politics on relevant forums and do so regularly on Twitter etc. 

However I come to forums like this as an escape from all that and so I try to refrain from joining in on these threads.  I accept what Paul says about avoiding those threads which start off and whose title clearly indicates the topic from the start, however there have been others where thread drift has resulted in inappropriate comments. 

Most people on here are old enough and wise enough to already know their own minds on matters such as politics and are unlikely to be influenced by comments on either side of the argument.  A minority will continue to make comments in an attempt to bait responses, which in my mind is bordering on trolling.

Maybe it's best I just take a break from here until things return to whatever will count as normal, when hopefully we can get back out in our vans and return to discussing motorhome and camping related subjects (besides flat batteries and associated problems with control panels!).  I did that on another hobby forum over BR*X*T and found when I checked back several weeks later it had disintegrated into petty arguments and name-calling so I then left for good. A great shame as it was previously very helpful and friendly.  I hope the few extremists on here won't spoilt it for the majority, it's also very off putting for new members who've come here for help on the real subject.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Sun May 24, 2020 1:31 pm

I can see both sides of the argument, but on balance I personally think Roger is right.

There was a recent thread here about a prominent politician (who happens to be our PM at the moment) and the reason that thread DID NOT degenerate was because everyone agreed to back away, and to take a step back from confrontation.

This thread can end the same way, hopefully!
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by willy eckerslike Sun May 24, 2020 6:47 pm

rogerblack wrote:I am perfectly happy to involve myself in discussions about politics on relevant forums and do so regularly on Twitter etc. 

However I come to forums like this as an escape from all that and so I try to refrain from joining in on these threads.  I accept what Paul says about avoiding those threads which start off and whose title clearly indicates the topic from the start, however there have been others where thread drift has resulted in inappropriate comments. 

Most people on here are old enough and wise enough to already know their own minds on matters such as politics and are unlikely to be influenced by comments on either side of the argument.  A minority will continue to make comments in an attempt to bait responses, which in my mind is bordering on trolling.

Maybe it's best I just take a break from here until things return to whatever will count as normal, when hopefully we can get back out in our vans and return to discussing motorhome and camping related subjects (besides flat batteries and associated problems with control panels!).  I did that on another hobby forum over BR*X*T and found when I checked back several weeks later it had disintegrated into petty arguments and name-calling so I then left for good. A great shame as it was previously very helpful and friendly.  I hope the few extremists on here won't spoilt it for the majority, it's also very off putting for new members who've come here for help on the real subject.
Great post Roger  up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Devon
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Sun May 24, 2020 7:09 pm

Roopert wrote:There was a recent thread here about a prominent politician (who happens to be our PM at the moment) and the reason that thread DID NOT degenerate was because everyone agreed to back away, and to take a step back from confrontation.

This thread can end the same way, hopefully!

That was a thread that I regrettably started after a few too many lockdown beers one afternoon and I’m pleased to say died a death after my repeated requests for it to end.

I’m not against political discussions but they don’t ever seem to create any positives on the forum and I’m for one are now trying to stay away from such comments/threads.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sun May 24, 2020 9:14 pm

Today's headlines are tomorrows fish and chip paper, let it go.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum