The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm fed up!!

+7
landyman
bikeralw
Bad Penny
rgermain
Dbvwt
Bobskate
Gromit
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I'm fed up!! Empty I'm fed up!!

Post by Gromit Tue May 19, 2020 1:50 pm

The lockdown hasn't bothered me too much up to now, even though I'm in the high risk category (not ultra high, fortunately) due to advanced senility and a lung condition! 

Yesterday we should have booked in for the night at Pontorson, and today we would have made it to Jugon les Lacs for a few days. Then on to Binic followed by the "Two Ronnies". (Anyone know where I mean? It's a good site in an excellent spot.  scratch head hugegrins)

This sodding virus has robbed me of one of my few remaining (active) summers!! A dismal thought, but sadly very apposite.  so_sad
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

I'm fed up!! Empty Re: I'm fed up!!

Post by Bobskate Tue May 19, 2020 2:57 pm

Gromit don’t take on so. I know exactly how you feel as time ticks on...but then you are older than me. 😀 It will end.....it has to for our sanity.
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Tue May 19, 2020 3:11 pm

As long as I don't end before it does Bob!!   timer    shrugg    so_sad    fedup
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Tue May 19, 2020 3:14 pm

Black thoughts indeed!!think_smiley_46confused3boo
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Tue May 19, 2020 3:20 pm

Not seriously black Bob content , but it's inevitable that such thoughts cross your mind. We spend most of our lives thinking we're immortal, then suddenly realise we're not.

My glass is still half full though - and I'm getting to quite like Sanatogen!!  hugegrins

P.S. Nobody knows the Two Ronnies then???  scratch head

Last edited by Gromit on Tue May 19, 2020 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Tue May 19, 2020 3:23 pm

Don’t worry. I know exactly what you are saying but must admit not on the Sanatogen yet. Though I do slice up apples with a knife rather than risk my front teeth, and toffee is a no no. hugegrins
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Tue May 19, 2020 3:33 pm

My parents (in their mid/late eighties) have been great during this whole period and haven’t been outside the house in what must be months now. As a family though, we would have all been away somewhere at least a couple of times by now.
They decided to drive over to a lake local to me today as it’s finally started to become too much for them. My mum even wanted to go to Tesco on the way home but I told her exactly what I thought of that idea!

I can’t imagine how good it must have been for them after all this time. I moan yet I still walk/cycle every day.

I admit that I think I broke the rules by meeting them both but * Inappropriate Word * that, I stayed more than 2 metres away at all times, I just wish the dog would listen to me a bit more!

I'm fed up!! B65f0410
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Tue May 19, 2020 4:09 pm

Dbvwt I know it’s very difficult but if it’s any consolation your parents certainly look pleased to be out and about.
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Tue May 19, 2020 4:28 pm

Thanks Bob, I genuinely could see the positive impact it had on them from such a simple trip.

It makes me so angry that those who are able to still get out thought... let’s go to the beach etc this weekend just gone, it will make a nice change from the park.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Tue May 19, 2020 4:36 pm

Loads on Hayling Beach, so my son told me as he lives just back from the front, us not been out yet apart from dog walking at 6am scratch head

Camper vans everywhere, no distancing, local small pub type place opened saying all proceeds go to local charity, more like he had stale beer to dump. Police just stood and looked.

Oh well at least we are all well.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny Wed May 20, 2020 11:39 am

Hi Gromit. Stopped over in Binic a few years ago on the way back from Spain.
I had one of the best large steaks I have ever tasted,  one lunch time, at a very busy restaurant on the harbour front.
As a treat before leaving France, I decided to choose the steak not from the lunch menu, but off the A la Carte menu and was cooked  "au point" (medium rare). A few waiters came over for a chat afterwards to see how I had enjoyed it. It wasn't that expensive over the cost of the same meal on the standard menu, which most people were eating, but the steak was at least twice the size.

Unfortunately I cannot remember the restaurants name, but remember how busy it was.
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway owner
Vehicle Year : 2014 mod

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Wed May 20, 2020 11:54 am

A bit fed up here as well Dave.
Although we don't plan anything, this week is the week we usually catch a ferry to France.
The outline idea was another trip to Corsica, we've been four times now, the last visit was six years ago, and it's our favourite place in Europe.
I'll have to content myself with viewing the photos from 2014. This is an isolated spot up a track in the mountains close to where we spent the night.
Al.
I'm fed up!! Holida11
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Wed May 20, 2020 1:02 pm

Leighton

We enjoyed Binic, and we may well have been to the same restaurant as we both had a superb steak by the harbour front. It made the climb back up the cliffs to the municipal a bit daunting, but we had a lovely pitch with wonderful sea views.

Have you been to Le Pouldu? If not, I'd suggest you consider it for next year. Possibly the best kept (and inexpensive - ACSI) campsite we've ever stayed at, and stunning coastal walks in both directions. Camping Les Embruns  47.76862, -3.54512

Al

I always plan in some detail, and enjoy it during the winter - but we often totally abandon it after the first night. There's always something unexpected that's worth a look, and we've come across some wonderful spots by pure chance.

The "Two Ronnies" campsite (mentioned in another thread) was one of them. Good site and in a superb location for scenic coastal walks and excellent restaurants.

See if you can identify it - no-one else seems to have caught on. It's something to relieve the boredom!

Clue - The Pink Granite Coast.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by landyman Wed May 20, 2020 1:36 pm

I too am getting rather fed up now as I also "lost" last summer. In early July last year we were in Yorkshire when I got taken ill. Managed to drive home to near Swansea and went to A&E. They kicked me out of hospital in November! Prognosis was 4 to 6 months left. I then did loads of research and started taking "alternative medication". Things seem to have worked because 3 weeks ago I was told that cancer has stopped growing and I dont need to be seen until end of June. That was extremely good news so I thought thats great, now I can enjoy this summer, but it now looks like lockdown has put put paid to that. Oh well, there is always next summer. Hope Im still around for it!
landyman
landyman

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Wed May 20, 2020 2:08 pm

Gromit wrote:

The "Two Ronnies" campsite (mentioned in another thread) was one of them. Good site and in a superb location for scenic coastal walks and excellent restaurants.

See if you can identify it - no-one else seems to have caught on. It's something to relieve the boredom!

Clue - The Pink Granite Coast.

You kindly told me about it in Sept 2017, Gromit. Great locatiion. So shall not spoil the fun by divulging!

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny Wed May 20, 2020 5:07 pm

Hi Landyman. Hope things go well for you. Alternative medication, was that with Gail Stephens Mills in Swansea?.
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny Wed May 20, 2020 5:22 pm

We are very much like you Gromit/Dave, I spend the winter planning,  Margaret hates it, says she can't think of anything more boring. Her idea of planning is when on the move. We book the first night away, then follow a rough direction, often getting sidetracked.

This evening,  I will try and decipher the two Ronnies.

Now,  I must continue washing the grime off our guttering, after my little rest.
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Wed May 20, 2020 9:06 pm

landyman wrote:I too am getting rather fed up now as I also "lost" last summer. In early July last year we were in Yorkshire when I got taken ill. Managed to drive home to near Swansea and went to A&E. They kicked me out of hospital in November! Prognosis was 4 to 6 months left. I then did loads of research and started taking "alternative medication". Things seem to have worked because 3 weeks ago I was told that cancer has stopped growing and I dont need to be seen until end of June. That was extremely good news so I thought thats great, now I can enjoy this summer, but it now looks like lockdown has put put paid to that. Oh well, there is always next summer. Hope Im still around for it!
My thoughts are with you Landyman and wish you all the very best for the future.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny Thu May 21, 2020 9:56 am

Dave. 

I give up on the two Ronnies camp site, I think this lockdown has addled my little brain.blushes
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Thu May 21, 2020 10:13 am

Bad Penny wrote:Dave. 

I give up on the two Ronnies camp site, I think this lockdown has addled my little brain.blushes
Not at all Leighton.

You need a somewhat twisted brain like mine to make the connection!  shrugg

Camping Tourony.  Excellent spot on the Pink Granite Coast, with loads of interest within walking distance. Good campsite too. 48.825632, -3.491439

https://camping-tourony.com/en/discover-the-region/

Not far from the campsite. The Memsahib obviously didn't look up before she sat there!!!!  Whistle1
I'm fed up!! _dsc6410
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by landyman Thu May 21, 2020 10:31 am

Bad Penny wrote:Hi Landyman. Hope things go well for you. Alternative medication, was that with Gail Stephens Mills in Swansea?.
Err no. And Im afraid that I cant go into detail on an open forum. Pm me if you want to know more.
landyman
landyman

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny Thu May 21, 2020 11:09 am

Many thanks Dave, I'm glad your wife survived. Would I have sat there,  I'm not sure.

Stay happy, stay safe.
Leighton.
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny Thu May 21, 2020 11:17 am

Landyman.

The reason I asked was, because she is quite famous in Swansea and around the UK. I have consulted with her on occasions and found her very good.

I will not PM you,  as I don't wish to pry. I just hope you are doing ok.

Good Luck.
Regards Leighton.
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Sat May 23, 2020 3:46 pm

Gromit
A question if I may....
I noted your comments re going to Binic, never heard of it so googled it, looks great. I'm assuming you've been there before?
Question is have you taken the ferry (a bit further North) to Ile de Brehat? I know its vehicle free so you hire bikes on arrival if you want. Is it worth the bother?
Q2 If so how was the ferry parking? Height barriers?
Thanks in advance
Ian
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sat May 23, 2020 4:22 pm

Hi Ian

Sadly, that was on the list for when we returned this year!!

We didn't get round to it last year, and didn't even check out the bike hire or any other details, so I'm afraid I can't help.

The municipal was very basic, like a lot of them, but the toilet facilities were fine and it's in a lovely spot, high up overlooking the sea. It's quite a steep walk down to the beach and harbour, but very pleasant on the coastal path with flat sections to get your breath back on the return journey.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum